Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom AQ oop 3bet pot

Old
2nl zoom AQ oop 3bet pot - Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain 70/42 20 hands
1.Can I rely on 20 hands to 3bet here?
2.Is my donk good on the flop? I thought that if if he bets I'm always folding, but if I lead he might fold something that did not connect, once he calls, is my bet/fold good? I figured he'll bet with Qx, flushes and draws, but if I bet he'll call only with Qx and draws and raise me with flushes.

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 01:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

"1. Can I rely on 20 hands to 3bet here?" probably not. Against an UTG open even from a loose opener, this is probably a call at best.

"2. Is my donk good on the flop?" We are actually cbetting the flop and not donk betting; when we donk bet it means we lead into the preflop raiser and since we 3bet, we took the initiative and now cbetting. Yes, I like cbetting this flop to get folds from better now like AKo and also to put pressure on PPs on later streets with barreling opportunities. I'm betting the turn when we make TP although the Q now fills a flush draw but we can still get called by TTd, JJd; I'd probably size it a bit more though and fold to a raise.

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
lol I had a feeling that I was donking when writing the post
If the turn was a King, would you continue to put pressure on pocket pairs or is it too likely to be in his range?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com