Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Back at it. 3WadeFan's 5$ br challenge.

Old
Question
Back at it. 3WadeFan's 5$ br challenge. - Sun Oct 27, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
Hello guys, im back again. after completely blowing my 20$ bankroll challenge i decided go at it again. just a diffrent aproach.
I took a little break after tilting off the rest of my money from 20$ challenge and when i came back i decided id go about it differently.

A few friends of mine decided to stake me 5$. the rules were i can only play .50c 90 players intill my bankroll reaches a certain size. then i can move up. Once i reach 25$ i will then be able to do x1 1.50$ 45 player and x2 .50c 90 player. intill my bankroll reaches a certain amount then so on.I can ride this stake as long as i want, and can close the stake when ever. then i keep 50%.

I really like how this is setup. Most of my downfall in poker is not having discipline with my bankroll and tilting it off. This way, i really cant do that as there are rules set out for me and i really think it will help me out.

If i end up grinding up to 100$ i think thats when i will end it, take 50$ for myself and maybe start a new challenge for myself! I hope you guys are ready to come along for the ride, as this time I will be successful

Starting bankroll- 5 $
Current bankroll - 16.19 #
Goal - 100$

Wish me luck

Last edited by 3WadeFan; Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 09:38 PM..

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Your bankroll management is still poor in my opinion and according to your post you have done nothing to address your tilting issue. If you are looking to build a bankroll I would suggest having a bigger starting bankroll for your stake or starting at a lower stake. I would suggest also spending time and effort into why you tilt and trying to correct it. I wish you the best of luck though, and if you do reach your goals (which is definitely possible), try and spend it on something nice to reward yourself! Personally, I like buying a nice bottle of something alcoholic as you can share that with friends, but whatever floats your boat!

Old
Sun Oct 27, 2013, 11:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Im this post may seem harsh BUT...
I totally agree with RockerguyAA you BR mangement is all wrong ,with $20.00 play the very swingy 45/90 you are likely to go broke very soon if but chance/luck you get to $25 BR then to move up to $1.50 is evn more stupid as the amount of buyins you have available drops way down,most of those that know say you need 100 x BI NOT 13XBI.
$20 BR allows you to have a run at 10cent to 25 cent BuyINs MAX.
Think you need to re think this.
I dont know about your tilting issues but only adds fuel to fire if you have done nothing to fix that ,or any leak since your last BR bust."Rules" set by your buddys mean nothing in the heat of the game,what tools have you added to fix this problem yourself ? I think more chance you tilt it off as its not even your deposit ?
All this is said to help not insult you.
Anyways Best Of Luck.

I JUST READ ALL YOUR POSTS THINK YOU BETTER DO THE SAME !
"Keep doing the same action Get the same reaction"

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by brettnz; Mon Oct 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: addon

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
Dear 3WadeFan,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 11.19 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Current Bankroll - 22.80 $

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com