Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 AK middle position vs. raise from tight player

Old
NL2 AK middle position vs. raise from tight player - Mon Oct 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hello everyone!
This is my first comment here.
Well, today I had some difficulty on this hand. The villain was UTG+1 and he is a 10/4 after 750 hands, so a very tight player. I was in middle position with AKo and he raised all-in to 38 bbs.
I thought he had a monster.

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Maybe he was multi tabling and miss clicked? Saying that sometimes when you have loads of hands on someone they show a hand down and they have..... raise UTG with 94o or something stupid. One of them well I wasn't expecting that moments

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 06:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I think it's a mis-click or a tilt-shove. You don't say if this was a Zoom table, or if the player was multitabling, so it's a bit of a mystery. Against a player with stats of 10/4 over a sample of that size, I would usually fold AK, as you're flipping at best. If he'd just made a standard raise, then calling would be best, with the aim being to try and out-flop his QQ/JJ. Even folding wouldn't be a bad option, as you're unlikely to win a big pot even when you hit.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2013, 06:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
Thank you for your comments guy!
I was at a standard table at NL2 9-max.
I don't remember if it was at this hand but I think he had a bad beat the previous hand with AA.
I was putting him at a QQ+ and AQs range, but that move didn't make sense, because if he wanted to get value from the hand he rise big, rather then go all-in. I called, but on a normal situation I think I had fold like 80% of times, cause a raise all-in UTG from a 10/4 is usually a monster.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com