Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - Optimal flop and turn lines with TPWK BvB

Old
10NL - Optimal flop and turn lines with TPWK BvB - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 06:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hello fellow PSO-ers,

Here's a BvB spot vs a 27/16/1 opponent (66 hands)
Villain seems to be slightly loose passive over 66 hands with a 4% total 3bet in 24 opportunities. They've folded 2/5 to cbets.

BvB I expect their calling range to be fairly wide when they are in position. I also expect them to 3bet JJ+, AQ+ and some weak hands like 55-22, weak Ax, and Kx

Would you consider checking this flop since our hand cannot get 3 streets of value? I decided to cbet the flop with TP because I think we can get floated a good amount here with over cards, Ax, A3, A5 with backdoor flushes, etc. and our TP is vulnerable to A, K, Q.

Is the turn a bet, x/c, or x/f given villain's aggression factor is 1. It's kind of border line for me as I hate giving a free card since our TP is vulnerable especially with the turn card but at the same time we have a weak kicker. So could this be a bet/fold turn, x/f river on A, K, Q, 5, diamond?

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 09:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi George,

I like c-betting this flop simply because it misses so much of our steal range that I think we get called by any pair, ace high, KQ/KT/QT. On the turn I actually prefer to bet again, as he's passive (not bluffing much nor perhaps thin value betting much) and he can pick up equity with a bunch of holdings that will call again. He may still call us with stuff like 88 and A4 since it's blind v blind, but also A6/A3/54/any ace really, and any floats that picked up back door diamonds.

I would actually bet/fold most rivers, as again blind v blind I think we get called down lighter than normal. Rivers that would be good to check/fold would be an ace or 5.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com