Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 6 Max zoom

Old
NL2 6 Max zoom - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 07:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
2 Spots vs unknowns

1 -

Is this just an auto play hand that i can never get away from, i literally beat so much of his range here right?

2 -

This was a tough hand for me to get a read on what the villain had, first thing i think i could have done here is called the flop on a dry board instead of raising because with a one pair hand here im not getting much value from worse. Maybe weaker jacks? On the turn i think is a check/fold? or check/call? instead of a lead out, a pot control line could be better on this kind of board i guess. Definately didnt put him on an overpair but i left myself with no room to fold after my betsize on the turn.

Cheers

Ads

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ads,

Please remember going forward, we ask to keep 1 hand to a thread in the HA forums.

This is almost like 1 hand though.

1. Standard, well played, nothing to see here.

2. We really need some read to make the optimal decisions. Readless, I like the flat call pre, but think the flop raise is a large mistake. You already nailed it, you will have a hard time getting value from worse by raising (your raise sets up stacks to go in but how is he going to stack off with worse hands?). Plus readless I would assume a 4x UTG is a "real hand" of some sorts (for CardPlayerPT: True it may not be, but we have to make our best guess with the info we have before us :P ) So some of the "real hands" we fold out by raising will be AK/AQ/TT which we dominate now and have very poor equity. The hands that dominate us won't fold though. So this raise is really only targeting KJ/QJ which is way too thin imo.

After he calls the raise, I think we should check back the turn and fold to any reasonable river bet. The thing I would recommend looking at or focusing on for self evaluation is your ranging. You said "Definately didn't put him on an overpair", I would explore the origin of that feeling as it is a significant misread. He has opened for 4x UTG, made a large (almost pot sized) c-bet on a dry flop in a 3-way pot, and called a raise. This is showing a lot of strength, so I would say not only is there no reason to exclude overpairs from his range, I think we should be particularly concerned with them here when the action comes down like this.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 29, 2013, 03:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Same here

Hand 1. Think it was standard play. Unlucky you was well ahead when the money went in

Hand 2. At these stakes 4x in any position is normally a strong hand. In early position against most players I would fold AJo, just end up getting out kicked so many times against a 4x open. Suited I will either fold or flat depending on the players stats. The way the betting went I would say nearly all the time your up against an over pair here. Good to make a note on them as you played your hand like you hit a set and he was willing to stack of with his over pair. So flatting small PP's against them and set mining will be a great play in the future

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com