Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AQo OTB 4.5 180 man FT

Old
AQo OTB 4.5 180 man FT - Tue Oct 29, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Table is short handed , Sb has big stack, BB is very loose and plays fit or fold. I didn't want to play hand MW and there was alot of dead chips in the pot .
How do you think what's better decision there.

UTG: 19.72 BB (VPIP: 11.21, PFR: 7.76, 3Bet Preflop: 8.70, Hands: 116)
CO: 22.06 BB (VPIP: 14.15, PFR: 12.05, 3Bet Preflop: 5.39, Hands: 860)
Hero (BTN): 24.78 BB
SB: 72.97 BB (VPIP: 17.05, PFR: 14.34, 3Bet Preflop: 7.32, Hands: 260)
BB: 85.49 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 67)

I did some calculations pls check it too, if he 3bets 7.5 and he continues with 5.5 hand range than I have fold equity of 26% 7.5-5.5=2 2/7.5=26%
EV (push)= FE*bank + (1-FE)*(Eq. Hand*(bank + eff.stack)-(1-Eq.hand)*eff.stack)
3380 + 73% * (34.67%*(12675+27207)-65.33%*27207)=485
so it's +EV decision to push, but are 485 chips enough to push there? maybe it's better to set min
EV as an any percentage of effective stack?
and when i change AQo to AQs I get + 2123 chips. Now I think shove would be marginal with AQo and good decision with AQs and better with AKo . am I right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (86.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Oct 31, 2013 at 07:03 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 08:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey shichi-77

Given the stats on both villains and all the free juice in the middle I'm going to be shoving it in about 80% of the time. Our stack size is perfect for it and imo we have way more fold equity than just 26%....

One thing that would worry me would be the SB's 3bet sizing... it is very small so unless this is his standard 3bet sizing then I would tend to edge on the side of caution and call, I'm never going to be able to fold our hand in this spot for just 2 big blinds.

When I'm dealt hands like AQo on the button I am craving for action and it's as if I'm hoping to get 3bet, expeially by a guy with a a relatively high 3bet percentage like this guy has. If we have a laggy table image we can even get called by hands we crush when we cram it all in and some of the time I think the small blind will fold his hand and the loose big blind will look you up with all sorts of garbage hands like KJ and A9 etc.

Cheers, Chris.

So taking all the above into aount and the fact that you are only 5 handed, we ought to be cramming it in most of the time vs opponents with these stats.

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 12:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewMe1 View Post
Hey shichi-77

Given the stats on both villains and all the free juice in the middle I'm going to be shoving it in about 80% of the time. Our stack size is perfect for it and imo we have way more fold equity than just 26%....

One thing that would worry me would be the SB's 3bet sizing... it is very small so unless this is his standard 3bet sizing then I would tend to edge on the side of caution and call, I'm never going to be able to fold our hand in this spot for just 2 big blinds.

When I'm dealt hands like AQo on the button I am craving for action and it's as if I'm hoping to get 3bet, expeially by a guy with a a relatively high 3bet percentage like this guy has. If we have a laggy table image we can even get called by hands we crush when we cram it all in and some of the time I think the small blind will fold his hand and the loose big blind will look you up with all sorts of garbage hands like KJ and A9 etc.

Cheers, Chris.

So taking all the above into aount and the fact that you are only 5 handed, we ought to be cramming it in most of the time vs opponents with these stats.
Thanks Chris

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com