Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Stack sizes

Old
Stack sizes - Wed Oct 30, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the game trying to become a consistently profitable NLHE player. I've been talking over a few hands with a friend of mine who is far above my level and he constantly says 'it's hard to tell you the optimum line without knowing stack sizes.' So my question is this, what is the relevance of your stack size with regards to betting lines/sizings. I realise this is a really wide open question, but was hoping for some core ideas or a link to where I can go to study it further as from the amount it comes up I'm guessing that understanding it would make me a significantly better player.
Thanks!
JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey jsjones1989,

Are you mainly a MTT player or a Cash Game player? Let me know and this will help me find you some relevant content.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2013
Hi raiser.
To be honest I haven't focused my attentions on one more than the other yet. I think cash game is probably the best to learn at this stage though. Obviously micro stakes at the minute, but with a view to moving upwards.
JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com