BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Villain played his hand quite deceptively.

I'd raise again pre though.

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 11:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Should have raised again preflop and put him under more pressure, and hopefully get all stacks in preflop.

Just keep telling yourself in the long run if you get it all-in preflop and this happens then you will be amking money in the long run.

Don't give villians the opportunity to draw.

Cheers,

Pullin1988

Last edited by pullin1988; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 02:50 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
Should have raised again preflop and put him under more pressure, and hopefully get all stacks in preflop.

Just keep telling yourself in the long run if you get it all-in preflop and this happens then you will be amking money in the long run.

Don't give villians the opportunity to draw.

Cheers,

Pullin1988
what a stupid analyse u did... i played this perfectly... if i jam it preflop , he will probably fold and i wont get more money from him, im happy with his jam on turn, just unlucky with result .... and i didnt give him free card so i didnt gave him oportunity to draw... and actually he will win it more often with preflop allins then with this line, so ur analyse is complete wrong

Last edited by GayLooser; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I agree with pullin. I'm re-raising preflop to about $2.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayLooser View Post
what a stupid analyse u did... i played this perfectly... if i jam it preflop , he will probably fold and i wont get more money from him, im happy with his jam on turn, just unlucky with result .... and i didnt give him free card so i didnt gave him oportunity to draw... and actually he will win it more often with preflop allins then with this line, so ur analyse is complete wrong
You didn't play it perfectly but that's not to say you played it badly either.

You chose to let him set the price on seeing flop, turn and river. Yes, it was unfortunate that he got there, and it think I would probably scream if that happened to me.

I stand by what I said in my earlier reply though. Raise again pre, doesn't have to be a big raise, just get more money in when you are ahead.

If you have rads that he folds to another bet, ok, play it deceptively. I'm kind of assuming that given he 4betthat hand that he probably sticks around.

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Reraise to $1.35-$1.40 pre on this depth of money. Post flop play is fine.

Quote:
what a stupid analyse u did... i played this perfectly... if i jam it preflop , he will probably fold and i wont get more money from him
pullin didn't say jam pre, he said reraise pre with hopes to get it all in, which I think is more +EV than flatting personally. If you're going to be rude and call someone's analysis stupid, you should probably take care to make sure you understand what they're saying first.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 05:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2011
You dont have to take advice given but if someone takes the time to reply dont abuse them .
I for one wont be wasting my time with any advice,Im sure you dont need it as it seems you have all the answers anyway, until you sort out your comments ,not just here but in game chat and classroom.

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by brettnz; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: edit

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2013
I was only trying to help. I'm learning myself, and so I respect other people's opinions on how they play. I like it when someone disagrees because it allows us to have a discussion about the hand, which in turn helps us to improve our game. I think that you need to understand that there are many ways to play a hand that are all +EV, your play maybe just one of the ways. It's good to know all the different ways to a play hands with +EV; however, I will not bother to offer you advice in the future because of your aggressive nature.

Question to you is this,

If my advice is terribad (which I don't think it is) then why don't you offer me constructive advice so that I can improve my game instead of being so rude?

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
I thought of you when making this blog.......hiccup

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/effsea/bad-beats

Cheers

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#12)
Quote:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...933_DA24494BB4
i dont want to live on this planet anymoar

You have found a perfect villain to play against, so why don't you want to live on the planet anymore?

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 09:02 PM
(#13)
Really a bad beat!

Just like what i've stated in my blog

"Great Aces Is Not Always Monster"
"don’t always love pocket aces too much or they’ll kill you badly ( just a metaphor)"....
“With Great aces you win a little or lose a lot”.

Move on!..Next time, you will win a lot!

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Maybe this might help, hopefully (?)

Everybody might be recommending a re-raise pre-flop because the bb here made a cold 4-bet, and at 10nl and lower the vast majority of the time that'll tend to be from someone holding a really strong hand like AA, KK, AK, QQ, possibly AQs, who's most likely going to be willing to get 100bbs in pre-flop?

Like, absent a read that the villain might be doing this with a wider range, most of the time if you re-raise a cold 4-bet, most villains will call or shove, which is probably why everybody was recommending it? Because like what if the villain here was actually holding KK and the flop came like it did here with an A - that would give other villains the opportunity to check-fold and get away from the hand with most of their stack still intact, so like ... there's that other side to the coin?

Hopefully maybe this helps explain where people are coming from? And hopefully you'll make back that EV soon

Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Oct 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2013, 11:08 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Oh wait! Just re-watched the hand and the first villain limped, so the bb was just making a squeeze, was he? D'oh!

Think I got confused because of the size - his 3-bet was 16.5bbs, which large, and almost at the point of being pot-committing. And he was making it into 2 people.

Hmmm ... well, although it wasn't a cold 4-bet, based on the sizing of the 3-bet ... the bb just looks so strong. So maybe the rationale from above still holds?

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 12:04 AM
(#16)
Quote:
I was only trying to help. I'm learning myself, and so I respect other people's opinions on how they play. I like it when someone disagrees because it allows us to have a discussion about the hand, which in turn helps us to improve our game. I think that you need to understand that there are many ways to play a hand that are all +EV, your play maybe just one of the ways. It's good to know all the different ways to a play hands with +EV; however, I will not bother to offer you advice in the future because of your aggressive nature.

Question to you is this,

If my advice is terribad (which I don't think it is) then why don't you offer me constructive advice so that I can improve my game instead of being so rude?

Pullin
pullin your advice is absolutely fine but some "gaylooser" dont understand

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 04:25 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2013
And even if someone gives bad advice, there is no reason not to be civil.

If I would give bad advice on the forums, I would not object to be told why it is bad, but would not like to be attacked in a way that I would not want to take part in discussions anymore.

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil786 View Post
pullin your advice is absolutely fine but some "gaylooser" dont understand
Your not using the name as an insult, I hope?

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2012
Quote:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...933_DA24494BB4
i dont want to live on this planet anymoar
It happened to me and everyone else hundreds of times playing AA. Even in live events on the biggest stage garbage like this happens http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMHwtN_wD0Q

So when it does just stop your session and take a little breather cause when tilted you make bad choices that you wouldn't make usually. Good luck next time bro

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
It happened to me and everyone else hundreds of times playing AA. Even in live events on the biggest stage garbage like this happens http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMHwtN_wD0Q

So when it does just stop your session and take a little breather cause when tilted you make bad choices that you wouldn't make usually. Good luck next time bro
okey itachi onii-san

edit: dat video.... thats not a bit close to my badbeat... that isnt even a badbeat....
siriusly all others.... getting overdefensive just cause i said his analyse was stupid and it surely was.... thats not even bit aggresive or anything so go lecture someone else...

Last edited by GayLooser; Thu Oct 31, 2013 at 02:21 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com