DIRE Tilt Problem

Old
DIRE Tilt Problem - Thu Oct 31, 2013, 05:53 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
ChromeStar
Hi guys!

I'll get straight to the point
I played the 100k priv freeroll early this morn, 9338 runners, came 2nd for 199$ played today and done ok, was down about $40 and bubbled the 2.20 turbo 5k gaurenteed ft and it kinda tilted me, i went for a walk and felt ok'ish started playing again, got loads of bad beats and my roll went down to 117, played a $15 6max turbo and bubbled, tilted and annoyed that i lost half my roll i joined a $30 6max hyper and this happened http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...599_893A810309 even more tilted i thought, what the hell so i used basically the rest of my roll to play a 6max hyper $60 luckilly i came 2nd and got some money back, but the thing is, i've done the same thing time and time again, im a great player when im thinking clear but im the biggest donk when im tilted.

I try to put everything in to practice like taking a break etc, as i said above i went for a walk but it still happened, I see red and tilt takes over, I feel like somethings taken over me whilst im in that state.

I don't want this to happen ever again!

Anyway, on a positive note, well kinda positive I ran very deep in them 2 tourneys and just bubbled another so...

Thanks for reading

P.s. just won a 3.50 45 man so im near enough back to what I started the day with, so that's another positive I guess

Last edited by BUTTCHIN0707; Thu Oct 31, 2013 at 05:55 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 07:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
1 congrats on the priv freeroll score.

2 hypers are not for people that have tilt problem. keep away from those until tilt is under control

3 bankroll management must be taken really seriously or else you WILL lose those $199 no matter how good you are. with around $200 you must keep to games around $2 and under for large fields, 9mans you can go to $3 range
for hypers you need even bigger bankrolls

4 some people use music for tilt-control. maybe there is a music type that helps you keep calm

5 good luck dealing with this.

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Bankroll management, bankroll management, bankroll management.

With $199, I'm only rolled for a $1.10 tourney... nothing more. I need to have 100 buy-ins to be properly rolled for a tourney. If playing a short table (6-max or turbo), I'd want even more buy-ins in my bankroll as the variance in them is higher.

To play a $15 tourney, I need $1500+ in my bankroll... not $199.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#4)
ChromeStar
thanks for the help guys... I know about BR management John, the reason i joined them was cos I was chasing.

Do you have any ideas on what can stop TILT though please mate?

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 09:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
This worked amazingly well for me, it's short, simple and it works.

"Finding Your A-Game: Guided Theory Preperation and Mindfulness" from Erik Stenqvist.

I can't post a link, but hopefully the above info is enough for you to find it.
@ mods, I hope I'm not breaking any rules offering this "offsite" advice, if I am please edit accordingly, as my intention is only to help the OP with something that helped me.

Last edited by slettuce; Thu Oct 31, 2013 at 09:59 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTCHIN0707 View Post
thanks for the help guys... I know about BR management John, the reason i joined them was cos I was chasing.

Do you have any ideas on what can stop TILT though please mate?

Howdy,

Hope this may help......if not please refer to my poker rule #1 ( please see bottom of thread )

Anyways......l had a mayor issue with tilt for years, how l over came my tilting issue was pretty simple really,

l finally understood that......even with the best hand at start....and even if they only had one out,

l could lose......no guarantee until the last card has fallen.

So that being said.........l now understand that and tilt no more....stuff happens.

cheers

Old
Thu Oct 31, 2013, 10:50 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Patience and understanding that every hand will lose a given % of the time. Learning to keep emotions out of your play will be a key to it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 12:02 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2011
seems to me most yr problem is you have no idea what bankroll mangement is all about ! as soon as you start to get a not so good run you double your BI level to try and chase your money.Thats just gambling and plain stupid. How does dumping half your roll into a sng seem like a good idea when your already on tilt ? Have read some of your past posts it seems to me that your easily tilted and I can only guess its part of your nature ? To be successful in poker takes many things,a good game is just the start,you have had a few results so I will assume you have the basics sorted,But if you cant set down a sensible BR plan and STICK TO IT dont play for real $ as you will boom and bust for ever.
I cant give yoy any advice on how not to tilt because Ive never been on tilt in poker for more than 30 seconds .I think its because of the type of employment of was involved in,if you tilted and let things wind you up you end up nuts or dead,So poker just doesnt push my buttons .I do get annoyed when I make a bad play but when hand is over Im over it,Nothing can bring it back so why stress,
GL in future.
PS If you tilt off like this I think its in totally wrong of you to be requesting people to back you in a stake.Its one thing to spew off your own money ,but to do it with others is something far worse.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#9)
ChromeStar
Thanks for the replys guys really helpful!

and with that last comment I'm on about my own money, infact when im playing with stake money I find it helps me not tilt alot, so my perfect scenario is to be staked haha.

But thanks guys, I'm gonna start to open this thread and read these comments before i play and whenever i start to feel a bit tilted!

You should make this a sticky and it must help so many others that have a tilt problem

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 11:30 AM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2013
I am looking forward to watching that Mindfullness video.

Tommy Angelo has some fun and good words about tilt here(scroll down a bit): http://tommyangelo.com/articles/reciprocality/

"I was a great tilter. I knew all the different kinds. I could do steaming tilt, simmering tilt, too loose tilt, too tight tilt, too aggressive tilt, too passive tilt, playing too high tilt, playing too long tilt, playing too tired tilt, entitlement tilt, annoyed tilt, injustice tilt, frustration tilt, sloppy tilt, revenge tilt, underfunded tilt, overfunded tilt, shame tilt, distracted tilt, scared tilt, envy tilt, this-is-the-worst-pizza-I've-ever-had tilt, I-just-got-showed-a-bluff tilt, and of course, there's the classics: I-gotta-get-even tilt, and I-only-have-so-much-time-to-lose-this-money tilt, also known as demolition tilt."

... "A big day in my career was the day I realized that tomorrow I would still be a tilter. That there would be no quick fix. That any headway I made would be gradual. I realized that if I could somehow put progressively longer periods of time between my tiltings, and if I could somehow have them be progressively not quite as bad as the last time, then I'd have a chance to get some wind under my wings, and when I did, I'd soar indefinitely. Less often, less severe. Less often, less severe. That's what I kept telling myself."

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 12:23 PM
(#11)
ChromeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkT View Post
... "A big day in my career was the day I realized that tomorrow I would still be a tilter. That there would be no quick fix. That any headway I made would be gradual. I realized that if I could somehow put progressively longer periods of time between my tiltings, and if I could somehow have them be progressively not quite as bad as the last time, then I'd have a chance to get some wind under my wings, and when I did, I'd soar indefinitely. Less often, less severe. Less often, less severe. That's what I kept telling myself."
LOVE IT MATE

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com