Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQs

Old
AQs - Thu Oct 31, 2013, 08:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
This is on zoom table.
Did i play it right or i should shove all ine here?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...110_6A81230B6C

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi
Do you have any reads on the opponent? What type of player they are? How aggressive do they play pre and post flop.
I think the open is fine 3x or 4x is good. When you get flat called they could be doing this with a wide range. I would put pp's in their range, 2 high cards and depending on the player type they might be calling here with suited cards or Ax type hands.
How ever when you get chk raised on this flop it isn't a good spot to jam. He could be doing this with 2 pair, sets, flush draws, 1 pair and flush draw or even any 2. I have seen players trying to rep the ace here. Jamming here though will only fold out the weaker hands and get called off by sets, 2 pair, FD and 1 Pair + FD and even the FD your not that far ahead and your well behind the others. I'm also not prepared to give up my top pair hand just yet either. If he has just an ace you probably have a better kicker and if he has a FD he might just check the turn if it doesn't complete. Flat and see what he does on the turn. If he checks to you I would be pretty confident your ahead and I would bet around 60% pot

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Manowar,

Given your stack size, I think it's close either way tbh. Some relevant questions for spots like this are:

-Will they semi-bluff draws by check/raising?
-will they run a stone bluff try on this board texture?
-will they slow play 2 pair+ on the flop?
-will they over-value worse aces than AQ on this board?

Given that there are no reads other than the action (you opened UTG on a short stack, and c-bet with a large sizing), I think bet/folding is fine here as this probably leans the answers to the questions above in favor of folding a bit. If you decided to get in here on your stack size, it's probably not a disaster either. This hand speaks nicely to the importance of reads, where with some solid ones we can make a much more informed decision and certain reads could make this either a very clear fold or very clear stack off.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_Luggs View Post
If he checks to you I would be pretty confident your ahead and I would bet around 60% pot
If you take this line, I would recommend the turn bet sizing to be a bit bigger... specifically 76.7% pot would be a good number.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
(#5)
Thanks Dave will put it into my game when I take that line

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 03:22 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_Luggs View Post
Thanks Dave will put it into my game when I take that line
Haha, I hope you saw where I got that % from.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#7)
Arrr lol no I hadn't even looked ha ha

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Tnx for the answers ... i ddint have any reads of the players because its zoom and its hard to remember if i played before that against him , and i dont use any programs about that .

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 03:08 AM
(#9)
I used to be the same.
I give in when HM2 came out and it was the best money I ever spent. If you can afford it I would recommend it as the player pool is so big at these stakes and it's near on impossible to remember that much info.
The good thing is with HM2 in zoom is that even when you fold the program records the rest of the hand even though your long gone. So it will still record info like if someone cbet and if their opponent called or folded to that cbet

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2013
There is also a open source poker tracker, free one and works just fine. Not 100% sure if it work on zoom tables.

Try googling: fpdb poker tracker

Last edited by braveslice; Sat Nov 02, 2013 at 05:13 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com