Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

bankroll management rules

Old
bankroll management rules - Fri Nov 01, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
hi all

I have 150$
what size SNG I can play?

what are the bankroll management rules normally?

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 05:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello lastmychance

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

You will find help with Bankroll management here

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi LastmyChance,

I'm really glad to hear you ask about what level of game you should be playing as bankroll management is one of the most important things to keep in mind for any poker player who actually wants to make some profit. As for the buy in for a $150 roll, well that's ultimately up to you. Depending on if you want to be a bit more aggressive if you can afford to reload or if you want to be more conservative, perhaps if the $150 is all you have to spare for poker. Personally I'm on the very conservative side of things but everyone is different.

We have some really good guidelines in our Poker Basics Course that I think will really help you decide. You can find the Bankroll Management section here, as Tony pointed out, although I also recommmend going through all the course material on the site when you have time as there's some great info in there.

Good luck with whatever games you decide to play and if you have any more questions please be sure to ask away.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi LastmyChance!

For any tourneys (sng's or mtt's), I use 100 buy-ins. Using this, a player with a $150 bankroll is properly bankrolled for $1.50 tourneys or below.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 09:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
2% max for MTT's and 5% max for STT's has worked well for me as a basic guideline.

I also like to challenge myself sometimes so will start at $1.50 buyin when I cash 3 in a row move up a level, Fail to cash 3 in a row forced to move back down a level.. Keeps things interesting

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#6)
thanks for answering

best sng format for building bankroll? : fifty50 ,STT,MTT

thanks

Last edited by LastmyChance; Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 03:37 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi LastMyChance!

I use 100 buy-ins, regardless of what type of tourney I'm playing (want to err on the safe side)

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#8)
hi
best sng format for building bankroll?
I play 90 fifty50

Last edited by LastmyChance; Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 05:33 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com