Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Successful but undisciplined player looking to learn!

Old
Successful but undisciplined player looking to learn! - Fri Nov 01, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi guys, I'm spand42 from the UK and I'm wanting to eliminate bad habits and share my thoughts and progress with the online community.

My brief story: I've been playing poker since 2010 with various levels of dedication. I've only ever played with micro/small bankrolls but have had some significant tourney successes - including a couple of MTT victories with 3K+ players, winning the Daily Double Jackpot on Full Tilt, final tabling a GUKPT live event and others.

However each time I've felt like I'm the next Phil Ivey - moved to way too high stakes and blown most/all of it chasing the dream.

I've started again about a month ago with a bankroll of $30, have increased this significantly, with a significant win coming 30th in the recent Micro Millions Main Event on Full Tilt - although I took out most of this for Christmas purposes!

However I am wary of previous mistakes I have made and my friends have recommended joining an online community to bounce ideas with.

Sorry for the life story - let's improve together at the tables!

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hello spand42

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Welcometo PSO! You're certainly not alone when it comes to taking your winnings too high an blowing it, so I hope we can help you find some more consistant success.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 09:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Welcome. You have certainly come to a great place for help and advice.

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Hello spand,Welcome from Canada and Good Luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com