Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 01, 2013, 07:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Hello im new in PSO and i have never Made Deposit and I want to participate in Bankroll Builder program and qualify for the promotion . Thank you

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAllinAA View Post
Hello im new in PSO and i have never Made Deposit and I want to participate in Bankroll Builder program and qualify for the promotion . Thank you
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello PokerAllinAA,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 03:26 AM
(#4)
I have passed the basics quiz and there is my play money hand.

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#5)
Hi PokerAllinAA,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 04:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a stack depth of 100bb it might be tempting to complete our small blind option when there are multiple limpers as our pot odds are priced in. This hand would have some merit completing our small blind even though we will be at a positional disadvantage post flop...as it has decent playabilty post flop for top pair with a decent kicker or equity to a draw. Versus a limping range... which is usually perceived as a range of weak holdings, we wont be in to bad of shape. Food for thought, each time these type of situations arise in the future, if the hand is deemed unplayable from other positions and/or entering the pot for some bets...just fold it, the biggest post flop mistakes are made pre-flop....meaning good starting hand selection.

Post flop, I would have elected to the turn and river just as you did.. This is to get value from high card Kx combos and 7x. Even though a limping range is considered weak..there are some Ax combos (16 combos of each hand) that can certainly be well within the villains range A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9. If the villains didn't have Ax there are only a handful straight combos that can be in the villains range on this type of board texture.. The are very few hands we can get value from...so bet sizing would be of the most importance...1/2pot to 2/3 pot would be a sufficient amount. Usually a limper dynamic is to trap, slow play (loose passive tendencies) at any point in time during this hand if we got raised..my intentions would be to fold (unless other specific reads dictated to me otherwise)

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 08:18 AM
(#7)
Hi PokerAllinAA,

I hope you find the hand analysis helpful. I wanted to award you with your first bonus, however I don't see your Poker Basic pass in our system here. It might be a glitch but I suggest you take the quiz again and then hopefully I'll see your pass from this end. If you encounter any issues please let me know.

flophitter

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 08:49 AM
(#8)
i pass the quiz again

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
(#9)
so when do i get my first reward?

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 01:30 AM
(#11)
hello why I did not get my bonus???

Last edited by PokerAllinAA; Thu Nov 14, 2013 at 07:34 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#12)
?

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#13)
Hi PokerAllinAA,

Sorry you have had to wait for your bonus, I gave it a nudge and so you should have it in your account shortly.

flophitter

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 03:38 AM
(#14)
Hi Flophitter i have passed cash game course

there is you answers:
1: To try build a bigger pot for your monster hands
2: To make it expensive for drawing hands and protect your strong made hand
3: to try bluff and force a weak made hand to fold

and there is a couple of my played hands in 1/2ct full ring

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 08:49 AM
(#15)
Hi PokerAllinAA,

Thanks for the hands, we'll have them checked out soon, then I can award your 2nd bonus and we can move to the next step.

flophitter

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#16)
ok.

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads on villain9 and their known hand ranges? The small sizing on the flop may have induced a check raise bluff, however I would have made close to the standard sizing of 2/3 pot and there would also be merit in checking back this flop to open up the villains stabbing range on the turn...if they had a draw to broadway they have only 4outs, if they had an underpair they'll have only two outs... which is minimal equity and not something we need to worry about in terms of them spiking that card. But as played we have to re-raise all in, based on our stack depth, we are to short to flat the check raise and could potentially be losing value if a scary turn card came for the villain..

Hand Analysis

Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings... I would have elected to raise the standard amount of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper...this will help to ensure a pot is built and value is made..Plus it'll help give us the intiative in the pot. There are some draw backs to this though...inflating the pot knowing that we'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop could prove to make our course of action tough if over cards come..

Post flop, we can continuation bet the standard sinzing of 2/3 to 3/4 pot as this flop texture plausibly hits our range...or we can check to save bets. The villains could easily have Kx K7 K8 K9 KT, Qx QJ QT Q9 Q8 or Ax with a stray heart (16 combos of each hand)..

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#18)
Hi CannonLee
Yes i saw villain9 raised small Cbet alot of time on that table.
and how do you think its better to Cbet pocket pairs like 99 - 88 on that board or just better to check fold in that situation?

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#19)
Hello PokerAllinAA,

CannonLee will answer your question shortly, meanwhile...

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#20)
hmmmm so this message is 4 me or BeNiceToGoat?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com