Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NL 20FPP FR, QQ in late position against button pocket 22

Old
NL 20FPP FR, QQ in late position against button pocket 22 - Fri Nov 01, 2013, 04:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
I would like to know if I should have played this any differently. I lost my seat in this tournament on this hand where I ended up all-in, to a villain with 22 who got his 3rd 2 on the river. I appreciate your input. Thank you.

Last edited by pdoug72; Fri Nov 01, 2013 at 04:12 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 08:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2013
BronzeStar
IMO
It looks like he was trying to push you off the pot when the street turned over
the 3rd spade,(Making you think he had a flush)
I would have put him on Ace and mid kicker,
and folded....

You played it the same way I would have,
(Time clock would have been my enemy if I was holding the QQ)
and that Ace popped up.

PPJT

Old
Fri Nov 01, 2013, 10:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi pdoug72!

With QQ and under 11BB in my stack, I get a limper in front of me. I'm going to immediately shove here preflop. If I make a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB (1050 chips), this bet pot commits me. Due to this I cannot ever fold, so I need to shove.

I do not want to bet less, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to draw to beat me. On the flop (which I would never see with a chip in front of me), with 2 opps in the pot, I cannot bet less than 2/3 pot, as this is how much I need to bet in order to price out the opp's draws.

The key here is to shove preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com