Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Big 5.5 - facing a donk bet from a weak player

Old
Arrow
Big 5.5 - facing a donk bet from a weak player - Sat Nov 02, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi guys, I'll be posting a series of hands that I played yesterday in The Big 5.5$ (These hands are marked with the green arrow icon in the message list); I'm looking for quick evaluation just to get some confirmation on my tournament play

Here we open 99 from MP and we get called in two spots. Both players look recreational. HJ 19/5/9 (96 Hands), SB 38/14/1 (79 Hands). The SB leads out for ~1/2 pot. What would you do with 16bbs remaining and what is your consideration when there is another player left to act?

I've seen the SB overplay a few TPWK hands, so I don't discount the fact that this guy could have a hand like A2, 99-33, or some FDs.

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 08:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi George

When villain leads out it leaves us with pretty much a pot sized bet so the best option for us here would be to cram it all in imo.

If we had more chips then I would certainly just call so that we can A keep villain 7 in the pot and B to gather some information on villain 4's hand but with a pot sized bet left it only makes sense to get it all in and I would expect villain 4 to fold and villain 7 to call with most of his holdings, and we crush those so it's fine

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com