Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bubble consideration

Old
Bubble consideration - Sat Nov 02, 2013, 07:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
With 5 players remain before we get ITM; what sort of hands would you open shove or re-raise shove when we have 10bbs?

Would you open shove 99 from EP when the stacks behind us have us covered? Or would you re-raise shove AK vs an opponent that has us covered and opens from EP?

Old
Sat Nov 02, 2013, 08:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi George

So long as our bankroll can comfortably withstand the buyin to the tournament then yes I'm going to be shoving the nines and re shoving the AK.

The only way I would consider folding these types of hands would be if the bubble money is a significant amount of money to us. For example if you satellited yourself into the Sunday Million for $1 and the bubble of the Sunday Million pays out something like $360 then I don't think it would necessarily be incorrect to fold the hands that we would usually snap shove it in with.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com