Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

WTF Know it Alls

Old
WTF Know it Alls - Sun Nov 03, 2013, 02:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
So I play my first Premier League event today, and decide to play a little unorthodox with a small bet with J 7 off suit. I beat some guy with a pair of 7's and he then spends the next 20 minutes telling me off for being a fish, and telling me that I played wrong.

Does anyone else get knowitalls on their table acting like they are superior to every one else? Or am I in the wrong and should I play by the book every single time so every opponent can read me and beat me?

Or should I simply just put chat on silent in these tourneys so morons cannot preach to me about how perfect they are....

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 04:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
I would be lying if I haven't been rude at a table but it was along time ago. It doesn't matter if you play it right or wrong. There is never an excuse for bad manners. The thing I just come to realise is that if a player does play a hand wrong then great....that's what I want him to do....I'm there to win and that will help me so why be rude?
Just ignore players like this, don't even get involved in an argument. In fact concentrate all your strength on spotting their weakness and think of ways to finish them off by taking all their money

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
Play however you want, if it gets you up in the leader boards then more power to you. Disabling player chat is an option if they get on your nerves.

Last edited by Killeraxa89; Sun Nov 03, 2013 at 05:32 AM..

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
This can be good news in 2 ways.
a) villain is paying more attention to perceived bad play from your part than in playing good poker himself. this means he will make more mistakes which is +EV for you
b) sometimes when this happens villain will target you specifically and make spite-calls and make dubious moves to "outplay" you. This can be hugely +EV if you can take advantage.

Old
Red face
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 06:17 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Hmmmmm, 291/336.....
looks to me like your gonna have fun in the Premier playing J7o.(which is just fine with everyone else BTW). They make a note or their HUD makes an entry & now they know your range in that situation.
All the other stuff is just nonsense
there are many fools without brains playing poker
Some Premier players play SOOOOO LAG they constantly get harrassed,
When u know a player is just spewing, block their chat
Good Luck
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanmmx77 View Post
So I play my first Premier League event today, and decide to play a little unorthodox with a small bet with J 7 off suit. I beat some guy with a pair of 7's and he then spends the next 20 minutes telling me off for being a fish, and telling me that I played wrong.

Does anyone else get knowitalls on their table acting like they are superior to every one else? Or am I in the wrong and should I play by the book every single time so every opponent can read me and beat me?

Or should I simply just put chat on silent in these tourneys so morons cannot preach to me about how perfect they are....

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyolman View Post
Hmmmmm, 291/336.....
looks to me like your gonna have fun in the Premier playing J7o.(which is just fine with everyone else BTW). They make a note or their HUD makes an entry & now they know your range in that situation.
All the other stuff is just nonsense
there are many fools without brains playing poker
Some Premier players play SOOOOO LAG they constantly get harrassed,
When u know a player is just spewing, block their chat
Good Luck
sleepy
291st was moreso because I had to have dinner so just went all in with KJ off suit knowing it was the first tourney of the month so I could recoup the points when I could relax in a tournament more like the one I am playing now.

Thanks for all the advice, if someone is bothering me from now on I will block their chat messages and let them talk to a brick wall and put off nobody but themselves

PS I hope many people make notes on me, my play is very erratic at times, Jekyll and Hyde kind of stuff, so if someone has me pegged as a loose cannon on one of my good days they will soon find out I am not

Last edited by Nathanmmx77; Sun Nov 03, 2013 at 09:34 AM..

Old
Thumbs up
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
OK, Great 2 pointer (really)
Just give it your best & you'll be OK....
Is terribly tough league so Luck is a MUST
Try ur best to get to that zero loss point every tournament
Best of Luck.
sleepy

ps: I occasionally even block a photo if it bothers me

Last edited by sleepyolman; Sun Nov 03, 2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
When I first seen the thread title I was going to post I knew you were going to post this

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com