Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 45 man final one for you this week end.

Old
$1.50 45 man final one for you this week end. - Sun Nov 03, 2013, 05:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=349D58D989

are squeeze plays like this still used in the modern game?

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
A squeeze play is where you 3Bet over someone's raise and at least one caller.

With the blinds so big compared to your stack - it's good to be aggressive to try steal all the dead money. I personally wouldn't choose to do it with 65o particularly as I see so many people limp-call with crappy Qx, Kx or Ax hands and you are making their bad plays suddenly look good.

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi holdemace486

The squeeze play is often used in today's game but it's generally not a good idea to attempt it with only 6.5 big blind as you barely have any fold equity and most villains will call you with all types of hands that you are never going to be winning against.

With 6.5 big blinds I'd only be shoving the hands that I think are either ahead of villains range or are likely to have a lot of equity against his range. Hands like QJo+K10+.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com