Sun Nov 03, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
I say "NEXT"
this

my first few years they would mess with my melon........... but as i started playing more tables and understanding the game any more it just another hand and there is always another game.

there still some that hurt, but none that i get my head out of my game plan.

The sooner you can let them roll off you that better your game will be

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2013, 10:33 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
I was in that situation also before, cash online tournament.my very first bad beat on the internet. I almost threw my laptop and smashed PC mouse. But i took a deep breath and laugh at myself.
Bad beats are part of a poker game..It happens! Just take a break and forget it.
Some good prof poker players that I've watched on tv also had a bad beats but they took it as a learning experience and yet they became more better players. Example is Phil Helmuth.

Try to read a book called The Poker Mindset, it will help you understand and cope with the bad beats. Also keep a note of all the suck outs in your favor, there will be plenty.
In my last tournament I put bad beats on two players and lost the heads up by a minor one. You must accept them as part of the games flow.

Note for that player who beat you and give him a wish of luck. Coz later on when you meet again on the table he will surely face a big shark

Last edited by optimus8778; Sun Nov 03, 2013 at 10:35 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Understand that beats,bad and standard,are part of the game and you'll give them out as well.

I've never,not once,seen a player ever offer to give back winnings obtained when they were the ones dropping a beat on someone else.

Aff,one thing to think about...if you're taking more bad and tough beats than you're doling out then that just means that you're making more solid decisions than your opponents and this is a GOOD thing as you rely less on luck than they do. Luck is random and flits around from player to player (like a Kardashian at NBA All-Star weekend...) and there's no telling when it will come and leave. Skill and good decision making is tangible and in our control.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2013
At least the guy was deep-stacked and fancied flopping a set.
It's morons with no real equity splashing chips and sucking out that makes me want to smash things. Being a gamer, smashing a $200 mouse over a 50c tourney seems pretty -EV.

Have a dekko http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...302_0108C600C1

I don't know if I'll ever get to a state where that won't tilt me.
I plan on having a dedicated poker room with a punching bag and baseball bat to deal with them.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 04:07 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2012
Dealing with bad beat is really easy. If u get bad beat, usually means you made correct play. This should make you happy cause in long run you end on top. For me I check my ego in register button. Bad beats happen both ways sadly human mind remembers one u get only and not ones you dish out.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
change poker room...

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:08 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
There is no such thing as a bad beat.....hiccup

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
The better the player you are the more you should get. You can't get a bad beat if you get your money in bad. The more I learn about the game the less I become tilted as the more I understand that I played the hand the best I could of played it. If that happened then I know I did great to get them to get all the chips in in bad shape. Saying that sometimes if you get one after another in a row it can be frustrating. If your not playing your A game take a break. Just by doing this you will see an increase in your win rate.
Good luck

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:43 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
True, specially when playing 72o like you do.

But seriously I really agree. Bad beats are just figments of mind that does not have any substance in reality. There is just variance.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#12)
" I don't get angry when someone gets lucky against me, I cheer because that means I outplayed him and got him to make a bad play

I get mad when I play a hand badly"

Felix xflixx Schneider

Read more: Best Quote ever from Live Training - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2kMcLZjhA

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#13)
I say Nice Hand Sir

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#14)
lol

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010
Usually I celebrate.

Because I make more bad beats than my opps.

However - in the long run I know that just makes me a bad player.

But I try not to think about it - woohooo I won!

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post

What eff is on about here is his mindset,and it's a good one,that entails his acceptance is that any 2 cards can win and that,as he says,"...everyone plays poker...". I think what he means by that is that sometimes there's no accounting for the weird plays you may see players make,if everyone played the same game then we would all be naught but slaves to variance as the skill part of the game would disappear.

It's a good mindset.

Roslyn's quote of Felix is excellent as well and follows the line put forth by Dave Sklansky and his "Sklansky bucks" discipline...regardless of the actual outcome,which we have no control over,focus instead on the play,which we do. For every good decision wherein we get the opponent to make a mistake,we deposit a "Sklansky buck" in our account,for every bad decision where we're the one's making the mistake we subtract a buck. Start running an account in an online folder,or a paper pad,whatever you need,to keep a tally of this running after every session you play. Be brutally honest with yourself when reviewing the hands. In the ones where you screwed up,identify where and why you screwed up and endeavor to learn from that and fix any leaks that you find (and you WILL)and you'll see your play improve.

Results vary,always have,always will. The uncontrollable variable of luck inherent to poker guarantees that and this is a GOOD THING. Because if it wasn't for luck bad players would win so infrequently that most,if not all,of them would just stop playing altogether. Luck is what keeps the fish coming back,skill is what gets them in the boat.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicius View Post
change poker room...

Doesn't matter where you play,whether it's online of live,or what you play...NLHE,FLHE,Omaha,Stud,Draw...luck will always be part of the game and luck is indiscriminate in it's manifestations.

Personally I play my absolute best poker when I remember this and my worst poker when I forget it.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 06:51 PM
(#18)
Since: Mar 2011
Believe me, i have these situations happen every day 7-10 times! You just need to stop paying attention to them and to understand that the important thing is to make the right moves. On the distance, all will be well.

Good luck at the tables!

Sergio

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 07:27 PM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2012
Just try to get it in bad every time. Then you will always be the one who dishes out the bad beat and never have to worry about taking one.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#20)
No matter what you do if you are the best or worst player on the planet you will get the most retarded bad beats known to man. Online poker is all about luck, those players who you see make the final tables of the Sunday Majors may have some basic skill but even they had to dish out some bad beats to get there. In fact, even in the WSOP MainEvent there's not a single champion who went through those fields of players without getting and taking bad beats.

All you can do is play or quit its just that simple. Your quads will be cracked to a straight flush your straight flush will get owned by a royal flush and IF there was 0.000000001% possibility, your royal flush would be cracked by another royal flush if you play poker here or anywhere for that matter. I don't have words for it its just sick.

As for dealing with bad beats, when they occur just stop playing for a period of time until you are calm with a clear head. Even the slightest tilt from a bad beat can make you play terrible costing you even more money. Some elite players can lose $250k in a day and not think twice about it then come back the next day and win it back or keep losing until the eventually win. However some of us don't have the luxury of being able to reload every time we go broke, if we do then we can't play for sometime.It all depends on you and the poker gods deciding if its your time for luck or bad beats.

Earlier this evening I booted up some turbos to grind for my next Mission and boom there goes 5 buyins to stupid joke river cards or lucky donks getting straights right on the flop vs my premium pocket pairs. This happens EVERY session and all I did was logout and watched TV, then came back and fired up 5 more SnG and cashed 4 of 5 and won 3 of 5. I did nothing different just had luck and won.

And btw if you think your badbeat was tough it will be even more painful when someday you get to like $200NL and have the same nonsense happen to you day after day. Prime example:

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...486_C927CD8584

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com