Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom call or fold small river bet?

Old
2nl zoom call or fold small river bet? - Mon Nov 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain 26/9 AF R 4 (37)
that river bet is always value right?
Im struggling with the low price thing, should I always fold this?

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 03:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
How many Kx do you really think he has in his range?

All hearts and straights miss, so that means that unless he did spike a random K, we still have the best hand.

He could be betting a hand like AT for value, and given the price we are getting (he needs to be value betting worse a low % of the time to make a profitable call), I'd be calling here.

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 04:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

I agree with birdayy, there are not too many Kx hands that would call flop and turn; Khxh (2-3 combos at best) and I am not too worried to see an 8x because they would have raised it OTF or OTT. The only slow played hands would be TT or 88 (4 combos).
I think we can take different river lines against different villains. But our flop/turn sizing kind of bloats the pot a bit and would leave us with a hard river b/f spot; what I'm trying to say is that sometimes I would bet the river, and sometimes x/c depending on villain. If we think villain will bet his missed draws when checked to then we need to be x/c; if we think he will check back Tx and not bluff the river with his missed draws then we should be betting small to get a call from Tx, JJ.

Though villains sizing is suspicious, it could also be a thin value bet or some weird bluff. Point is, we only need to be good roughly 20% here to make the call. So that and the board has missed draws I am calling too.

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree with the others. I think you played the hand pretty well on all streets. If you think the villain is a bad player and might call with an underpair or a ten, then I'd definitely value bet. Otherwise the check-call is fine.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2013
BronzeStar
I think we can take different river lines against different villains

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com