Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.25 45 man sng folding pocket KK on the flop

Old
0.25 45 man sng folding pocket KK on the flop - Tue Nov 05, 2013, 08:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
MP2 has stats 34/28 43 hand played.
24 remaining players.
is this correct play?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=1B30298472

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

SB (t880)
Hero (BB) (t1,892)
UTG (t1,365)
UTG+1 (t1,525)
MP1 (t1,575)
MP2 (t3,130)
CO (t2,653)
Button (t2,790)

Hero's M: 12.61

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
UTG calls t100, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t200, 3 folds, Hero raises to t521, 1 fold, MP2 calls t321

Flop: (t1,192) J, 5, A (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets t600, Hero folds

Total pot: t1,192

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
With a 15BB stack, I would just shove pre-flop, precisely for the reason that occurred in the hand. If an A comes out you are just in a tough spot where none of your options seem appetising because you have no room to manoeuvre.

I'd be tempted to Cbet small on that flop, see if you can get villain to fold, with the intention of folding to a shove.

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

With KK, I get a limp, then a min-raise in front of me. I am going to make a standard raise. A standard amount is to between 3X the previous bet (600) and a pot-sized raise if it's higher (800). Making any bet in this range pot-commits me (I have 1/3 or more of my stack in the pot, which means that if I make this bet I cannot ever fold). Due to this... I'm SHOVING preflop.

What I do not want to do is to bet less than a standard bet. All this will do is to bloat the pot and give the opps that want to call, the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If they're going to try to outdraw me, I want them to have to make a bet where they expect to lose chips... not one where they expect to gain chips on average.

As played, I'm folding the flop, but I would never have a chip left in front of me on the flop here, as I'm shoving 100% of the time. Any c-bet less than shoving is a mistake, as a standard bet with one opp is 1/2 pot and this definitely pot commits me.... and I really don't want to shove with an A already on the board as I'll only get called by an A or better.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com