(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
hi everyone i am new to pokerstars and also to online poker,
I've just finished the bankroll management of pokerschool
online.

i do not use any software hud's i just play with my luck and skill

currently im still playing 1c/2c full ring

i do have 25$bankroll as of now

can someone give me suggestions/ideas/opinions on what is my next step?

i want to try some micro sng's / mtt's turbo/non-turbo

can you please help me on this thanks

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
With a $25 bankroll you can safely play 25c sit n go's, playing cash games with 12 buyins you run the risk of going broke. The key to good poker is good bankroll management (generally 100 buy ins) then your poker skills will determine how much money you can make.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum

DD

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#3)
so you mean o should not play ring games 1c/2c? i will only play sng's 25c 45 man?

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 03:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
hi welcome to POKERSTARS ,you have not said what sort of size sngs you were thing of playing ? the variance in the 360/180 man is a lot larger than the 45/90 .so this needs to be considered.The style of game you play at the table may make a difference here.Have you played many sngs or sttsngs yet ? they play different to cashFR so you will have to adjust,this may cost you some of your BR .If you have not already suggest you take the PSO class and tests on sng ,mtts as you will recieve some free tickets and get an understanding of them.also check the videos on past trainings.PSO also run regular live trainings on sngs ,good to ask the trainer about anything you are having trouble with.
good luck

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 05, 2013, 09:14 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettnz View Post
hi welcome to POKERSTARS ,you have not said what sort of size sngs you were thing of playing ? the variance in the 360/180 man is a lot larger than the 45/90 .so this needs to be considered.The style of game you play at the table may make a difference here.Have you played many sngs or sttsngs yet ? they play different to cashFR so you will have to adjust,this may cost you some of your BR .If you have not already suggest you take the PSO class and tests on sng ,mtts as you will recieve some free tickets and get an understanding of them.also check the videos on past trainings.PSO also run regular live trainings on sngs ,good to ask the trainer about anything you are having trouble with.
good luck

hi thanks for the advice. im planning to play sng's like 45 man / 90 man is this a good sng table to start? i want to start in a right direction in palying online poker, im not using any software's,
what is ur suggestion on how many tables should i play at the same time if im not using softwares?

thanks !

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Pain,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi and welcome

All i will say is turbos are not for eevryone(very high variance) and while learning less tables are better

Once you feel you are better you can always add tables at a later date

Oh and with your BR I would definitely avoid the hyper turbos unless you can replenish your BR easily

good luck

rolo

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Hi and welcome

All i will say is turbos are not for eevryone(very high variance) and while learning less tables are better

Once you feel you are better you can always add tables at a later date

Oh and with your BR I would definitely avoid the hyper turbos unless you can replenish your BR easily

good luck

rolo

hey rolo

as of now i am playing .25c/45 man how long will i stick to this stakes? as of now i play 2-3 tables at the same time i finish all of it before i register to another tournament.

what you think am i on a good track or not?? many thanks for all of you for the advices !

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#9)
guys this is my current games that i've played can you guide me more?? or what i neet to do next?

i currently enjoying playing these games

.25c 45man
1.50 heads-up (i do not want to focus on this)
.50c 180 turbo
1$turbo
http://pokerprolabs.com/painofscream...Stars/2013/any
please give me more advices im planning to focus at least 2 games can you help me? will appreciate in advance thanks

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2012
On your bankroll you really need to stick to 25c games until you reach $50 then you can play 50c games if you mix in games your not rolled for you run the risk of going broke, so unless you want to keep making small deposits i would stick to the 25c 45 man and 90 man sit and go's and build a bankroll.

Also there are some 10c and 25c MTT's with added money and they are good for bankroll building.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2013
When your bankroll is small you need to reduce variance a lot so try to avoid the larger fields and choose regular speed over turbos. In particular the 180man turbos need more than 100 buy-ins to be safe, IMO.

But high ROI also reduces variance so if there is a game where you think you are doing particularly well then by all means play that. No size of bankroll will prevent you busting if you are not actually profitable in a game.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 01:11 AM
(#12)
freerolls are good too./well can be...well if prize is worth your time

Books say you should play all different types of games but i prefer to stick to 1 and try to improve...you can always try different formats an dexperiment once you have your BR

My personal taste is 1 or 2 tables and no turbo....only you know what you enjoy/prefer

Maybe im not the best to advise as im totally anti turbo to me they are like bingo but people have given good advice here so as long as oyu prepared to tak eit on board and learn its good plan

If your not sure about hands post in hand analysis forum and attend live trainings

good luck

oh I really like Micro Millions as taking a shot and they are 3 tiems a year

remember if you start to lose thru bad play or bad luck(variance) move back down the buyin limits

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 02:21 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
freerolls are good too./well can be...well if prize is worth your time

Books say you should play all different types of games but i prefer to stick to 1 and try to improve...you can always try different formats an dexperiment once you have your BR

My personal taste is 1 or 2 tables and no turbo....only you know what you enjoy/prefer

Maybe im not the best to advise as im totally anti turbo to me they are like bingo but people have given good advice here so as long as oyu prepared to tak eit on board and learn its good plan

If your not sure about hands post in hand analysis forum and attend live trainings

good luck

oh I really like Micro Millions as taking a shot and they are 3 tiems a year

remember if you start to lose thru bad play or bad luck(variance) move back down the buyin limits

thank you for all of your advices as of now i will stick to these games

.25c 45man
.50 180 turbo

will keep you updated on my progress

thanks to all my new poker friends

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 03:40 PM
(#14)
yw try to keep a simple spreadsheet to record your progress and if you are much more profitable in one as opposed to the other you could move to it as your main "go to" game

the 10 c 360 man turbos are profitable i think and i do feel your 25c for 45 is a great choice.....not really played the turbos so i cant comment

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
Hello and welcome,
Here is a free online bankroll tracker if you care to try it out.

http://www.pokerdominator.com/

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron112355 View Post
Hello and welcome,
Here is a free online bankroll tracker if you care to try it out.

http://www.pokerdominator.com/

hey thanks for this info but i dont know how to use this i hope someone can help me

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by painofscream View Post
hey thanks for this info but i dont know how to use this i hope someone can help me
Just sign up and enter your sessions it will keep track of your bankroll, it is easier to figure out than it looks

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2013, 03:35 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2013
Welcome from Canada and Good Luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com