Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

BankrollMob Freeroll- J7 clubs vs 3 opponents

Old
BankrollMob Freeroll- J7 clubs vs 3 opponents - Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:36 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

From my position in the SB(Middle stage of the tournament), i know i should have folded my hand but since my other opponents in the late mid position and CO called the big blind, i called too in order to just see the flop. From the flop, i made a good hand already. Honestly, I decided to shove all-in but suddenly disconnected from the game..--it was check.
When i came back, opp on the BB went all-in and the others call,...I was confused and can't decide..but i have 777

I shove all-in(suicide). Luckily won the showdown

Any comment or suggestion would be appreciated

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
LOL Donkaments.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Yeah I would have completed aswell in the small blind. Its 400 chips into a pot of over 3 and a half thousand. Once I've hit the flop as hard as you did I would find it very difficult to fold. Its really scary when the big stack shoves but I personally would have committed. Good luck on the tables.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi optimus8778!

With J7s from the SB, I get two limps in front of me. Especially if the BB is passive (likely would not raise), I'm going to complete here and see the flop.

I flop trips and I absolutely need to make a value bet here (I cannot check, as there are possible cards in the deck that can beat me... so I need to price these out). Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps in the hand, I need to bet 2906. If I bet less and an opp outdraws me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

When the other opp shoves and gets two calls, I'm going to re-shove here to try to isolate the first player. If they have 22 or 27, so be it.. I'm not folding.

The key here though, is to make a standard lead value bet on the flop and not to check.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com