Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Shooting Stats Official Discussion Page

Old
Shooting Stats Official Discussion Page - Wed Nov 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)

Do you play in the PokerSchoolOnline Open Skill League? Have you tried out your new 'My Stats' feature yet to check your progress and improve your game? Would you like to compete for a share of $2,000 in prizes every month? Well, with PokerSchoolOnline now you can with the introduction of our new 'My Stats Leaderboard' promotion.

The 'My Stats Leaderboard' will offer you the chance to win free cash while playing in the Open Skill League, with its already mouth-watering prizepool of $11,800 each and every month. If you're good enough, you could also qualify for the following month's Premier Skill League where the prize pool tops $30,000 every month! Best of all it costs you nothing to get involved as every Open League game is a freeroll so you've no excuse not to get stuck-in. All that's needed is your time and a desire to win.

The recent introduction of the 'My Stats' feature to PokerSchoolOnline enables players to analyze their game and see how they match-up against other players in the leagues. By keeping track of your Achievements, Stats, and Styles you can break down your game and see where you are going right, or wrong, while playing in the leagues.

How To Win!

On a monthly basis we are introducing two new leaderboards for stats while playing in the Open Skill League which are based on:

- Trickiness
- Shooter Factor

At the end of each month the top 100 players on each leaderboard will be paid out with the following prizes, totalling $1,000 for each leaderboard.

1st - $150
2nd - $100
3rd - $50
4th - $25
5th - $25
6th - $15
7th - $15
8th - $15
9th - $15
10th - $15
11th - 20th - $10
21st - 50th - $7.50
51st - 100th - $5

Total - $1000

The minimum requirement for both leaderboards is that you play at least 150 hands and 5 Open League tournaments in the month. These leaderboards only apply to the Open League. Results from the Premier League and Qualifier League are not included.

Initiate your ongoing participation in this promotion by enabling the option on your profile page. Choose to participate by the 20th day of the month in order to be eligible for current and future monthly prize pools. You may disable participation in this promotion at any time.

In order to make the new leaderboards a true reflection of a successful game, the formulas for Trickiness and Shooter Factor have been amended, now taking into account profitability and sample size. Detailed explanations of the formula are given below.

Stats Explained:

Trickiness: Trickiness is a complex measure of how often a player uses deceptive plays in their game and to what advantage. The moves that are measured are limp raises pre-flop (just calling the opening bet and then re-raising when an initial raise is made), and check raises post-flop (checking the initial bet on the flop, turn or river and then raising when an initial bet is made). Different weights are given to the plays, with the most value being given to check-raises made on the turn and river, and limp raises made pre flop. The Trickiness stat measures not only how often a player makes check-raises in comparison to check-calls and check-folds, but also how often the plays succeed.

For example, a player who check-raises unsuccessfully too often will find their Trickiness factor lower than a player who check-raises less frequently but wins more often. The winners of the Trickiness leaderboard will likely be players who don't find themselves ceding control in a hand too often, but when they do they look to take it back quite soon with aggressive play.

Shooter: Shooter Factor is a measure of just how often a player makes a bet during the post-flop betting rounds. Players with high Shooter Factors bet often when the action is checked to them post-flop. However, if a player is playing too many hands and thus not winning a high enough percentage of the time at showdown, their score will suffer. The winners of the Shooter leaderboard will likely be players who have a tight but aggressive image at the table who take advantage of passive opponents.

Note: You need to 'Opt-in'to participate in this promotion. You can do this by selecting 'Profile Page' > 'Edit Info'.

Good luck at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Well I have opted in.

Where will the leagues be for this side promo?

Checked my stats and over 700 hands this month my 'trickiness' is 0.00

So maybe not my forte this one....

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Well I have opted in.

Where will the leagues be for this side promo?
Hey Ed, hope you're keeping well?

When you go to the league page:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

You should now see two tabs, one for the regular leagues and the other for 'Stats Leaderboard'.

Is that what you're looking for?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Wow my head exploded at the two formulas.
And also shooter factor?
Good luck making people fold at the open league.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2013
So Only games played in open league count for this promo? I can still participate if I am in the premier league?

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Are stats going to be reset as of today or the previous games are counted?

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:21 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneneso View Post
Are stats going to be reset as of today or the previous games are counted?
Hi soneneso,

My understanding is that the stats for the leaderboards will be those from the games of the corresponding month only.

You can always check your stats from the month you are in as well as from your total career stats by selecting so on the top right of your stats page.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks Fadyen,

I also understood that it is for the current month but what is not clear to me is if the games from this month are counted even though I opted in today (talking about past 3 days' games)

Anyway, since there is no leaderboard yet, I assume that it starts as of today...

Best regards.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:35 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post

Note: You need to 'Opt-in'to participate in this promotion. You can do this by selecting 'Profile Page' > 'Edit Info'.

Team PokerSchoolOnline
I cannot Edit my profile for some reason and therefore have no 'opt in' option.

Is there another way of opting in ?

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:41 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I cannot Edit my profile for some reason and therefore have no 'opt in' option.

Is there another way of opting in ?
Sorry to hear your having problems opting into this promotion but I'm afraid this is the only way of opting in. Please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com detailing the problem and they will be happy to help you out. If there is anything unusual about your profile screenshots may be helpful to them also.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadyen View Post
Sorry to hear your having problems opting into this promotion but I'm afraid this is the only way of opting in. Please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com detailing the problem and they will be happy to help you out. If there is anything unusual about your profile screenshots may be helpful to them also.

Cheers,

Chris
Thanks for your prompt reply Chris, I just went back to my Profile page and the problem has rectified itself.

I am now opted in, Thanks.

Bill.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Supernova
I am opted in for this but have no idea how others player have stats my trickness is 6.08 and shooting is 7.23 is this high or low
BTW I am LAG style of play

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2012
no reply yet to tweedles query? if one is playing in the premier, and also plays in the open league, can they still be opted into this ?

also, on my stats, I have a score of 14.65 for trickiness, yet the range is from 0 to 5,, , someone explain this please?

hanny

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
So Only games played in open league count for this promo? I can still participate if I am in the premier league?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannyug View Post
no reply yet to tweedles query? if one is playing in the premier, and also plays in the open league, can they still be opted into this ?

hanny
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately not. It's a technical thing with how the leagues work and how we receive data from them.

Shooting Stats works off the same data that comes from the Open League games and therefore we can only use the data that appears for players that apprear on the Open League Leaderboards.

This may or may not change in the near future and we'll update you of any changes that are made

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 07:35 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately not. It's a technical thing with how the leagues work and how we receive data from them.

Shooting Stats works off the same data that comes from the Open League games and therefore we can only use the data that appears for players that apprear on the Open League Leaderboards.

This may or may not change in the near future and we'll update you of any changes that are made

Raiser

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey Ed, hope you're keeping well?

When you go to the league page:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

You should now see two tabs, one for the regular leagues and the other for 'Stats Leaderboard'.

Is that what you're looking for?

Raiser
Thanks Raiser.

It is all showing up today.

I might even have scored some points for trickiness today with a flop call and check-raise on the turn.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...014_8408BAC50B

Be interesting to see the points these moves get.

I'll be concentrating on the main league this month - but this could be a fun addition for next month.

Thanks for the answer raiser.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 01, 2013, 09:37 PM
(#17)
Since: Nov 2011
hi gang where do we find the leader boards?
gl in alls all

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 02, 2013, 03:02 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
Guess it be starting only this month.

I can see it but no list on it.

PH

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#19)
Since: Nov 2011
can we get a confirm if this ran in november? or starts in dec?
thanks gl all in alls

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 03, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Johnny00 View Post
can we get a confirm if this ran in november? or starts in dec?
thanks gl all in alls
Hello,

Shooting Stats definitely ran in November, prizes were awarded for it and can be viewed on the league page.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com