Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Micro Stakes 6max Skype group

Old
Micro Stakes 6max Skype group - Wed Nov 06, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi All
We have just started a poker group on Skype for 6-max cash NLHE players.
We use Mikogo software to view each others screens and take it in turns to watch each other play and offer advice on where we would play hands differently. It's a great way to improve yours and our own game. If your interested in joining then please add me or Adam on skype

My Skype ID: Mwallace.78
Adams : Adsthepro123

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Does the screen sharing include live play and discussion of hands during the time they are taking place or is it purely on review after hands have finished?

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#3)
We mark hands as we play on our own and then watch each others screens and review them together. Sometimes we watch someone play live but it is important that if you do this that you don't discuss the hand until it has finished. The person who is playing HAS to make their own choices.
Will you be interested in joining?

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I play 10NL 6-max but am on the borderline of making the jump to 25NL.

When do you guys meet up?

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#5)
Group has just started so only 3 in there at the moment but hoping to get it to the stage that no matter when you go on someone will be online to talk to or ask advice on a hand that you've just. played. I'm normally on Sun, Mon, Tues and Weds night.
Do you fancy joining? If you know anyone else get them to add me. Like I said the more the merrier

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 07:04 PM
(#6)
No way in this world would I trust this software unless POKERSTARS APPROVES

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#7)
What software don't you trust? Mikogo or Skype?
Personally I don't mind either. There are several different software programs that do similar things////what one's do you trust. I can't see PS approving Mikogo or Skpye cos they aren't related in anyway to PS. One is for communicating and the other is for video conferences. They aren't designed at all with poker players in mind

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
I've found that running skype, poker tracker and PokerStars all at the same time makes my computer run really slow - eliminating Skype solves the problem.

I don't mind hooking up with people but I won't really be able to run skype whilst I'm playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#9)
Yeah join no problem.

Bump to all the other 6max micro games cash players. Like already said the more the merrier. Be great to get a big group all trying to help each other out

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com