Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max Zoom- QQ squeeze - gets raised AI by caller

Old
5NL 6max Zoom- QQ squeeze - gets raised AI by caller - Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
CO: 46 hands, 19/16/7, AF:1, note: IP called 3b AQ
BU: 3 hands, 0/0/0

Standard call against unknown?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($5.72)
Hero (SB) ($5.32)
BB ($9.79)
UTG ($8.34)
MP ($14.70)
CO ($4.38)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Button calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Button raises to $5.72 (All-In), Hero calls $4.72 (All-In)

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm pretty sure I have folded and called in this situation but not totally sure what is right.

On the one hand we have QQ, on the other the button has pulled a move that feels quite polarising, he could have AK and be seeking to exercise fold equity and not be in horrible shame a fair % of the time when called. He could have pulled this move with AA/KK too. Or he could be one of the guys that does this with low and middling pairs think we are making the move on him.

I think at 6 max it is a call but I can see myself folding this if the sample size was bigger on the button and he was a nit. I'm not overly enthused about getting it in pre with QQ a lot.

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I hate AI QQ too

Your comment made me to go to the stats, and guess what, I have lost massive -38 dollars (1898 bb/100) with QQ, even the AI adjusted is -25 dollars.

Out of 5 hands I was AI preflop with QQ, I have lost them all, only once against AK, others AA and KK.,

3 out of 5 were against a limper! <- I think we have an answer.

It continues. Out of 6 times I have been AI with KK preflop, I was against AA 3 times

Last edited by braveslice; Wed Nov 06, 2013 at 02:31 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi braveslice,

I think I'm going with it here. My thinking is that if villain had a premium hand they would more likely 3bet the CO themselves. Also their raising is AI, I feel it would be some medium pair here more often than slow played AA/KK. Obviously they don't have information on you when their stats read 0 hands and about how much you squeeze to take some slow play line tailored to your aggressive squeeze. So I think its a call.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 03:27 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
As for me, this line looks as KK some times and AA usually. They don't want play them MW . and if there's aggressive opp OTB it's +ev slow play there. I play zoom not so often and saw it couple of times. It seems it's popular line there.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 03:31 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 06:01 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
As for me, this line looks as KK some times and AA usually. They don't want play them MW . and if there's aggressive opp OTB it's +ev slow play there. I play zoom not so often and saw it couple of times. It seems it's popular line there.
If they don't look to play MW then they would 3bet themselves to get folds from the blinds. We cannot assume they know the BTN when their stats show zero hands. I think limp/raising with AA/KK would be more popular than calling a raise and re-shoving.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 06:09 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
If they don't look to play MW then they would 3bet themselves to get folds from the blinds. We cannot assume they know the BTN when their stats show zero hands. I think limp/raising with AA/KK would be more popular than calling a raise and re-shoving.
He really can't limp there. And I see less Cbet's than in any type of poker game. for me it means that I will see less bluff's than anywhere. It's about my micro limit of course .

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 06:12 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com