Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5 NL zoom 6max - river decision, str on board

Old
5 NL zoom 6max - river decision, str on board - Wed Nov 06, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain no info.

Is this correct: I should fold the river because the best I can do is to chop it. I have an faint idea that Arty's blog said something like that.

Yes, I'm prepared to take the heat from not betting the turn to ask this.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.07)
SB ($6.09)
BB ($3.04)
UTG ($5.66)
Hero (MP) ($5.39)
CO ($11.41)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, A
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 5, 3, 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.22, Button calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.81) A (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.71) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $4.25 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.71 | Rake: $0.07

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 02:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Bet/fold the turn. Gives us more information on the strength of his hand.

If called x/f river.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree with birday.

When they massively overbet shove the river like this at micro-stakes, they nearly always have the nuts.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi braveslice

Good fold! As you pointed out, at best you are splitting against another Ax. However, club flushes as well as any 6x are crushing you. The risk is just not worth the reward here. Being able to lay down spots like this is a very important part of the game. Well done

On a side note, as spand42 mentions, this big river bet is usually the nuts. At 2NL I employ the same tactic myself when certain conditions are present. The pot is small, meaning a small river bet is not earning me that much profit if called. AND I have the absolute nuts such as a full house on a flush board. Then I will often make a huge river overbet, usually all in. You get called surprizingly often. And it feels so good LOL! This doesn't work as often at higher stakes.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 06:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
Great, TY for mentoring.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com