Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Rockets on the bb,sb,and button?

Old
Rockets on the bb,sb,and button? - Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello all, my last 4 pairs of aces I have been dealt in late position, meaning the BB,SB and button. I won about a huge 4c with all of them.

Everyone folds..............

Should I consider limping in, instead of 3x in those positions?

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
No.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
I like the response above.

I always come in with a raise - build the pot.

Cheers,

Pullin

Last edited by pullin1988; Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 10:30 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
It is a far worse thing to let someone limp in and hit 2 pair than to win a small pot.

Take notes and if you find at your table players in the blinds are always folding to your 3x raise ......its time to steal more.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2013
Good point above.

Old
Bet bet bet for value - Fri Nov 08, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Last time I slowplayed AA I ran into four suited cards on the board and had to fold to a big river bet. Not doing that again in a hurry.

Slowplaying big hands is tempting but it's just hardly ever a good idea. Just occasionally there might be good reason for doing it, against a crazy bluffer perhaps, but fear of opponents all folding is not a good enough reason.

Last edited by mytton; Fri Nov 08, 2013 at 06:27 AM..

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
You often find that you get lots of folds when you have AA, simply because there are fewer Aces for other people to have!

I always come in for a raise though - if you don't you will likely only win small pots and lose large ones when they make a hand which they didn't have to pay to make.

Like Grade B says - if players are playing really tight vs your raises, you can open up your raising range accordingly.

The other thing is if you only limp with AA, players who are aware will pick up on this for the future.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com