Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Zoom overpair vs flop shove

Old
2nl Zoom overpair vs flop shove - Thu Nov 07, 2013, 05:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

20/16 3bet 7.4% 4bet 1/5 (377 hands)
He did not 4bet so I excluded AA-QQ from his range, maybe too optimistic about QQ.
What would you do here? Maybe I talked myself into calling because the board had some draws, is there any chance this could be a good play?

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you have to call here. He seems fairly aggressive judging by his stats, so I think he would make this play with KQ, AQ, maybe AhKh. I suppose he might call a 3bet with KT but I doubt it. The only other hands that scare us are a set or QJ. Like you I think he would 4bet QQ pre-flop, but not necessarily.

I would probably call against this villain, but fold against a nittier villain.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

Not a pretty spot to be in but I think we kind of need to make the call here because AQ could be in his 3bet calling range I think and since we don't have the Kh, they could also be taking that line with AhKh obviously and we are almost at the top of our range here. I wouldn't expect to win here too often though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com