Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

poker software

Old
poker software - Thu Nov 07, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
i think usung software like holdem indicater-manager-hud and all the rest of software that helps you with your game takes the skill out of the game.and gives players that use it a BIG advarntig in the game.if you play live you play with your skill.so wy not the same online.so wat you think,
sorry my spelling

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 02:49 PM
(#2)
its culd cheating

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 01:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Hi its not cheating at all .Software does many things .It remembers what villians have done in the past,it may predict what they may do in future ,it keeps track on how you have played and your profit and lose, it displays these as a dashboard or a HUD (heads up display)
IT doesnt make any choices for you (legal software anyway) You still play the game and hands yourself you must decide to call,fold or raise..Online can be very different to live as online you may be playing multiable tables and you cant remember ,or most cant all of these bits of infomation,live a good player can ! so software is only really acts as a super good memory It cant in itself improve your chances of winning outright only give you the information in an instant for you to make a decesion .Some people use a pen,paper and calculator to keep the very same info.And just so your aware people DO use software at live games I use an app on my phone that gives villians seated colour codes as per how they play TAGGY -LAGGY some use a notepad and paper. I dont know of many places or games you cant live other than FTs at WSOP where you have a max of 9 villians and if you werent capable of keeping their information in your head ,well you would have made the final table anyway lol.
Have you tried any software yet ? if not PM me and I will give you some general advice ,most have free trials to tast them that I can help you with.
Regards
brettnz
(twitter @LostInPoker)

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks for reply - Fri Nov 08, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#4)
Thank you brettnz for your feadback.then yes please i wood like you to give me some advice on some software that may help me keep track of my play and ather players.i have tried tournament indicater thats allbut the stats are only for that game.Regards and thanks.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2011
Yes Indicator is only for that game but it does store those players stats and carrys them to the next time you play them >I think that its the best for MTTs and large SNGs but for review after can be a bit limiting althougth the hand replayer on it is clearly the best. You should also test (free trial) Holdem Manager2 and PokerTracker4 ,both great for review stats ,I prefer HM2 for this becuase setup for PT4 was a pain for me,others say different.I Think Tournament Indicator and Holdem Indicator still best layout dashbrd in game ,they all have same HUDS but the dashbrd here is best.
Hope this helps a bit I will PM you more in a couple of days .

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rembetikaN1 View Post
Thank you brettnz for your feadback.then yes please i wood like you to give me some advice on some software that may help me keep track of my play and ather players.i have tried tournament indicater thats allbut the stats are only for that game.Regards and thanks.
I use tournament indicator and you are wrong, you need to change from current session to history data.

Also you can search in stats asst

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com