Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Super Typhoon To The Philippines

Old
Super Typhoon To The Philippines - Thu Nov 07, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
I hope all of you living in the Philippines are safe from this massive storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.

Be Safe!!

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Not in to prayer but do wish all well who are in the path of that storm,I know we have a few members from that region so please be safe.

Ron

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 09:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Marvin,Hitman,Rosalyn and everyone else in the PI stay safe and here's hoping all your friends and loved ones are as well.

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 09:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
ya...what those guys said......be safe peeps

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 10:09 PM
(#5)
We Will be safe here in Main Island. Praying for all in Southern parts.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 07, 2013, 11:54 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
I hope all of you living in the Philippines are safe from this massive storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone there.

Be Safe!!

Thank you Killeraxa, Moxie, Ron and Effsea..We're safe here in the Northern Part but with heavy rains..
I'm so sad for those in the Central part..Hit by a strong earthquake recently and then this strong phenomenon..

Last edited by optimus8778; Thu Nov 07, 2013 at 11:56 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 01:03 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
going to be Nasty Cannon is over there and said it should miss him

stay safe all

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
going to be Nasty Cannon is over there and said it should miss him

stay safe all

Brian
TY for your kind thought to us all here

Latest is that us with Cannon in Manila area might get some supernasty weather tho.

#typhoonYOLANDA UPDATE: Super typhoon Yolanda breaks scientific intensity scale "According to [JTWC] forecast track, Manila is now expected to be impacted by the northeastern quadrant, the strongest side of the storm," NASA said. MANILA - Metro Manila will be directly affected by the passage of super typhoon Yolanda (international name Haiyan) in the Philippines, the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) warned Thursday night. Citing the Hawaii-based Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC), NASA said in a report on the typhoon that the metropolis won't be spared by the typhoon, even if it is not on its direct path. "According to [JTWC] forecast track, Manila is now expected to be impacted by the northeastern quadrant, the strongest side of the storm," NASA said. Philippine state weather bureau PAGASA raised storm signal number 2 over Metro Manila Friday morning. via abs-cbnnews.com

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#9)
Some scary-ass images from the PI today,hope everyone and their families are OK. Saw that Roslyn posted in the staking section,so that's good.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#10)
Doing good here. Just some power issues. Hoping to hear from relatives and friends in southern parts

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:40 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
Doing good here. Just some power issues. Hoping to hear from relatives and friends in southern parts
Good to know, I hope they are ok too.

Heres a video of some brave soul who captured a couple minutes of the typhoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlwkboM0N4

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:

Heres a video of some brave soul who captured a couple minutes of the typhoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKlwkboM0N4
Holy crap,,,that would make me lern how to pray again real fast

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Wow, scary!! Very glad to hear everyone's staying safe!!

PS What's the difference between a typhoon, monsoon, and hurricane? They all have rain and high winds ... are they just created by different weather patterns? Do these happen every year in the Philippines? You ever had hurricane problems down in the Caribbean KA?

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post

PS What's the difference between a typhoon, monsoon, and hurricane? They all have rain and high winds ... are they just created by different weather patterns? Do these happen every year in the Philippines? You ever had hurricane problems down in the Caribbean KA?
We get plenty. Around 19 tropical cyclones or storms enter the Philippine Area Of Responsibility in a typical year and of these usually 6 to 9 make landfall. copied from wikipedia

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 07:02 PM
(#15)
Quote:

They are pretty much the storms but given different names. We in the western hemisphere call it hurricanes and Roslyn in the eastern hemisphere call it typhoon

There's atleast one every year but they don't always hit an island or sometimes it goes straight for the USA instead of my island

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 08:53 PM
(#16)
Quote:

Typhoons and hurricanes are the same thing,just Pacific and Atlantic Ocean respectively is all.

Monsoons are more a rainy season than a specific storm. The most well known monsoon seasons are in India and SE Asia.

Plus,as I'm sure Roslyn and the guys could tell you,the Philippines is a very active part of the Pacific's "Ring of Fire"---the world's hotbed for earthquakes and volcanic activity. Mount Pinatubo's 1991 eruption was one of the world's largest in the last century. Takes some hardy souls to live in the Philippines.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 09:48 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Typhoons and hurricanes are the same thing,just Pacific and Atlantic Ocean respectively is all.

Monsoons are more a rainy season than a specific storm. The most well known monsoon seasons are in India and SE Asia.

Plus,as I'm sure Roslyn and the guys could tell you,the Philippines is a very active part of the Pacific's "Ring of Fire"---the world's hotbed for earthquakes and volcanic activity. Mount Pinatubo's 1991 eruption was one of the world's largest in the last century. Takes some hardy souls to live in the Philippines.
Mount Pinatubo's 1991 eruption gave our house and city quite thick crust of ash. Live very close. Was so young thought it was super cool

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 12:25 AM
(#18)
TACLOBAN, Philippines (AP) — The death toll from one of the strongest storms on record that ravaged the central Philippine city of Tacloban could reach 10,000 people, officials said Sunday after the extent of massive devastation became apparent and horrified survivors spoke of storm surges as high as trees and winds sounding like the roar of a jumbo jet.

Regional police chief Elmer Soria said he was briefed by Leyte provincial Gov. Dominic Petilla late Saturday and told there were about 10,000 deaths in the province, mostly by drowning and from collapsed buildings. The governor's figure was based on reports from village officials in areas where Typhoon Haiyan slammed Friday.

If you have ever prayed, now is good time.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#19)
Omg this is unreal

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#20)
Since: Feb 2011
I thought of the several PSO players that5 post from these Islands and hope they are safe and well.

Shocking scenes.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com