Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL 6max. Blind Vs Blind

Old
Question
50NL 6max. Blind Vs Blind - Thu Nov 07, 2013, 09:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012

Villian is a Unkown. this is there 3rd hand at the table, Which is why i elceted to Flat call and keep a small pot.

On the flop I elected to raise Because of all the draws that could come and alot of turn cards. It Should be noted that Villain was playing on 1 table and took lots of time to make each decision

Turn comes a blank.... I think i may not of Bet large enough for the turn. Would a over bet be best in this situation?

Is there spots that i could of avoided this? i put them on a draw FD or SD which i was right and just got un-lucky on the river.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello, his line looks too strong to me to call his shove OTT. and over bet isn't the best option for me.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 04:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Our hand is pretty vulnerable. Our opponent has shown some reasonable interest in the hand by calling our raise OTF - he might easily take this line with QQ+, TT, AJ, KJ, QT. However I don't think he would take this line with two pair or a set - he'd fastplay this because it is a pretty draw-heavy board and he might want to make you pay to catch a potential draw that you might be semi-bluffing.

The turn is a brick. I don't think his range changes when he checks back to us. I would probably bet/fold the turn, as I wouldn't expect him to check-raise shove with any worse than QQ+.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 05:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Taunto,

personally I prefer to 3-bet AJs blind on blind, as both opening and defending ranges are generally gonna be a lot wider in these kinds of situations. Calling is obviously fine too.

I think raising flop can be ok, but there are a lot of turncards you won't like in which case you will be facing a tough decision in a bloated pot so calling and waiting for a decent turncard to improve our equity and decrease the opponent's would be more of a favorable option to me.

Turnplay is interesting, I feel like villain's shove seems superstrong given your previous action and the only reason I don't like to fold here is becasue its blind on blind (people are more likely to crazy stuff).

As played and as it turned out, nh

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2012
Thank you Everyone for the feedback. Just for Curiosity Fexlix. Lets say i did 3 bet pre-flop from the BB in that situation. If I get 4 bet its an easy fold. But if they call and the flop comes out the same and villain shoves flop... you think they are doing that with 99,TT? or is it looking to strong like QQ+? It's situation i find myself coming across alot lately and dont know how to deal with it..

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd actually call here given a lot of 50nl players will x/shove draws OTT.

Think he'd 3b a flopped set but I could be wrong.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com