Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1$ 90 man - ITM

Old
1$ 90 man - ITM - Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

Villain 1 played tight, Vpip was like 15. I had better options playing this hand? Or i was just unlucky ?

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
The stack sizes determine all the play here. You only have 8BB left and have seen no aggressive action taken place before you in late position. Moving all-in is easily the correct play and you just got unlucky.

I hate the play of the villain but I see people limp-call shoves all the time, I don't understand why they don't just go all in themselves if they are going to call anyway...

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
What spand42 said...especially the part about how putrid the villain's play was here.

Play this the same way with this size stack every time kykkylik,more often than not you'll be flipping against pairs from QQ-22 or dominating any non-pair hands. The only 2 hands we're really worried about seeing here are AA and KK.

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 10:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Standard

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2013, 10:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi this is a shove all day long and twice on Sundays

you have less than 10bb and a premium hand

well played (unlucky )

rolo

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi kykklik

With only 7 big blinds we ought to be getting it all in here When villain 1 limps into the pot he is showing weakness and I expect him to call our all in with a lot of hands that we have dominated.

Right move, just unlucky! Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com