Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL - How to proceed to a flop raise with TP BvB on coordinated flop

Old
25NL - How to proceed to a flop raise with TP BvB on coordinated flop - Sat Nov 09, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Not too much information on Villain here with just 35 hands on this zoom table; they were playing 27/21/6 and this is the first time I've seen them raise the flop when faced with a cbet.

This one kind of feels ugly because we will be OOP for the remainder of the hand. What range of hands would you put villain on?

I was thinking something like: {88-55, AJ, QT, Q9s, J8s, T9, 87}
I thought maybe 66/55 would be raising to turn their hand into a bluff to avoid facing turn aggression. AJ might be raising because of the coordinated flop, to get value from worse Jx, 8x and protect from draws. QT/Q9, with an overcard and a gutshot they take a semi-bluff line by raising the flop maybe?

So what's your plan OTF after we get raised?
Folding seems too weak, but then again when we do call what do we continue on OTT? Q,J,T,9?

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I think fold is better because of position and I have no idea about turn. and board is too wet .

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Is 3Bet/folding a legitimate option OTF or is Villain not folding enough of his range to make this profitable?

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I would call, see a turn and his action on it. J/Q, blanks and boardpairs are gonna be our best turncards to continue and if he fires again on scary ones I'd just fold. I expect most people to slow down with hands like a pair + any type of draw on most turns anyway. Although it may be an option 3-betting the flop isn't going to accomplish much for us except maybe net some value from pairs + draws and shut their aggression down on later streets a bit.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
How does the 5c sound and they fire a second time?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com