Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

1.10 regular tourney

Old
1.10 regular tourney - Sat Nov 09, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
total players: 2600 starting chips:3000

644 players remaining
MP2 has stats 17/10 42 hand
BTN has stats 14/14 14 hand
is it ok to call with AKs?
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=82AC369BA3

512 players remaining i decide to fold pocket 6s MP1.
is it correct decision?
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=F654FFB6CE

330 players remaining i decide to fold pocket 7s after 3bet all in MP1. player has stats 25/25 4 hand.
how i did it?
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=1159D18F46

300 players remaining MP1 decide to limp with 73 BB. i had pocket 9s with 22BB BTN. i thought if i re-raise i have to fold on the flop so i decided to go all in to put the pressure on him to fold but it didnt work well.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=C6EA4EA7EF

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELPS.

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hand #1 - I would actually 3bet to try and get V8 out of the hand. I would probably bet about 11K.

I really don't like the river bet, you aren't achieving anything with it. All worse hands will fold and all flushes will call because the bet is so small, so you might as well check it down.

Hand #2 - I like this fold with 40BB in early position and three shovable stacks (V5-V7) still to act.

Hand #3 - Open-Fold 77 for exactly the same reasons as Hand #2. You are in such early position and asking to be shoved on.

Once villain raises, you make a good fold - the 3bet shove from middle position is very strong bearing in mind he has a lot of players to get the shove through before he even thinks about what the early position raiser has!

Hand #4 - You've still got 20BB and your M number is 10 - there is no need to go crazy. I appreciate that V8's play is terrible and you were a bit unlucky.

I would raise in your spot - probably to 2500. It lets you see a flop in position when V8 calls and you still have plenty of room to fold if people start raising behind you or V8 decides to limp-shove.

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sapines1001!

In the future, please only put 1 hand per thread. This way we can keep any conversations about a hand on-topic.

With AK from the SB, I get a raise to 3BB, then a shove. With both of these opps being tighter and with it probably being a 3-way pot, I need to muck AK here since it's not a made hand. If I was up against only one opp, then maybe I can take a chance, but not with two. Also, if I do play the hand, I need to re-shove to try to isolate an opp... I don't want to just call due to AK playing much better in a HU pot.
------------
With 66 from MP, I need to have a read on the opps behind me here. I can very easily either make a standard raise to 1k or fold here and it will be determined by my reads on the larger stacks (how aggressive they are). If I do open to 1k, I'm going to need to be ready to call a shove from villains 4-7.
--------------
With 77 from MP, I also either need to make a standard raise or fold. In almost all instances, I will make a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper or 2k. I now get villain 4 that shoves. The 25/25 numbers do not help me here. The key number is their 3-bet %. If this is extremely wide, then I can call, but if it's a small %, then I need to fold (what I will do the overwhelming majority of the time).
--------------
With 99 on the button, when I get a limp in front of me, since the stacks are plenty deep enough, I'm going to call behind here to setmine (although if the other opps could fold, I could also easily make a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper or 2800). I do not want to shove, as a standard bet does not pot-commit me. When players overbet shove like this, they cause all worse hands to fold and only better hands to call... the exact opposite of what I want to have happen and is called being value-owned.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com