Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL25 FR, KK, should I have shoved ?

Old
NL25 FR, KK, should I have shoved ? - Sun Nov 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
ChromeStar
Hi guys,

I played this hand today, and I'm not sure if I should have shoved it.

Villain_8 is the 3-bettor, and I had 38 hands on him, and VPIP/PFR/3Bet is 45/39/22.

Villain_2 is the 4-bettor, and I had 187 hands on him, with 16/14/6 stats.

The hand link is here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/replayer/share?hand_id=573128

Should I have shoved ?

Best regards to y'all.

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
I would have 4bet instead of flat-calling the 3bet. Then when villain 2 4bets I might have found a fold.
As played I don't know

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
I must agree with Tweedle. Flatting the 3bet will most likely create a 4 way bloated pot so 4betting should be your go to play there. When villain 2 then 5bets over your 4bet I think you can find a fold. It's hard to believe he will 5bet anything worse then KK there and since you already have 2 of them AA is making up the vast majority of his range there. (if it was an unknown or someone with stats like the 3bet dude I'd stack off with KK almost every time)

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#4)
ChromeStar
I must confess by the time I shoved I made a mistake of not considering whether he would call it or not. I shoved mainly because of 3bettor stats.

Thanks for your comments so far.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi fmbraga,

I agree with TweedleBeetl, I'd make it 6$ then if V2 comes over the top its going to be interesting
It's going to be hard to find a fold though 100bbs deep with KK

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#6)
ChromeStar
When I flatted my main concern was some of the four contestants must have an Ace, and I didn't want to suck it all on the flop. When I shoved my thought was to push away Ace-trash hands.

But I can see your thoughts on this as correct.

Thanks once again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com