Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

My Bigger Mistake

Old
My Bigger Mistake - Sun Nov 10, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Lesson for the Day

Don't start a Bigger Tourney unless you are prepared to keep playing for 10 - 12 Hours.

How it happened

Yesterday afternoon had finished playing for the day so was sippin on a nice dry red and enjoying the company of my Bud from B.C. and railing some poker pals in the Big Bang. By early evening was feeling sleepy so went and laid down for a wee nap.

4 hours later

I wake up and look at the clock OMG it's after Midnight and I am wide awake. Ut Oh

So rather than just lay lay there counting sheep figured may as well get up see what’s on the BooB Tube and shocker, was mostly reruns.

So decide to come online and maybe play a little poker when I spot the Bigger $3.30 Registering and on impulse regged. Now those that know me know that I don't normally play the big tourneys anymore.I prefer the MTT SNG's and smaller field tourneys that are over in 3 or 4 hours at most. Also really hate the long late registrations to me 120 minutes is way too long

Anyway I decided since nothing else was happening and wasn’t much on cable to play and have some fun..
And it was fun for the first few hours, player on my right was a drunken maniac playing almost every pot.

I battled with him a few times but he was catching cards and so had to be cagey and pick my spots, did manage to double through him before he lost his huge stack like I knew he would.
After he donked out things settled down to normal and played pretty decent poker for the next few hours.
As each break came and went I was getting so sleepy could hardly keep my eyes open. So since the pay structure is so top heavy decided to start gambling to build a big stack or go to bed. Well as usual when you start pushing after playing tight nobody wants to call you.

Haha that is until I pushed with 9 8 Suited and got a call by a big Ace, guy cursed me good when rivered the str8
So now am sitting with 40BB stack and approx 200 players left but am sooooo tired and make the 6 am break my time I give up and sit out..

PokerStars Tournament #811029601, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $3.00/$0.30 USD
5199 players
Total Prize Pool: $15597.00 USD
Tournament started 2013/11/10 1:00:00 ET

Dear Ron112355,

You finished the tournament in 71st place. A USD 24.48 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

As I write this it is now 11 a.m my time and am sitting here watching the final table…
No guarantee that had I lasted I would be there but we will never know now….

Have a great day on and off the felts peoples.

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 12:46 PM
(#2)
Forgot to mention,,At one point was a little bored so was reading tweets when this happened...

How did I get her to reply???

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#3)
Hello is there anybody out there

Last edited by Ron112355; Mon Nov 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
yup

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
Welcome to my home "The ZombieLand" for me all best action is after midnight. this means that I never sleep, I nap!

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com