Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

Watching Poker

Old
Watching Poker - Sun Nov 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
I love to watch Poker, whether it's a movie involving poker, like Rounders or The Cincinnati Kid or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, to watching live events or precorded events of cash games and tournaments. Can anybody tell me of any DVD's I can find to watch of past games or even movies to watch.
Thanks, TV is just so boring.
Inspecta555

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 04:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I don't really bother with DVDs so much any more, as so much is available to stream online (if you have broadband). Other than YouTube, my number 1 destination is http://www.pokerstars.tv/ with the EPT and PCA events being my favourites. The Stapes/Harts commentary double act has overtaken Chad/McEachern for me, but there's always some new footage from online events being added to the archives if you'd prefer it to be more serious than entertaining.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#3)
Thanks for the reply, I just subscribed to your channel earlier, I'm hoping to learn loads from it I have the Pokerstars TV App on my phone which is always great to have Pokerstars tv at my fingertips, and you are quite right about Stapes/Hart commentary they are worth watching for comedy value alone, plus I do like to hear Stapes' thoughts on the action at the tables. I will check out more of the Youtube videos thanks.

Keep up the good work, I love this game and I really really would like to improve mine.

Regards Inspecta555

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 01:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I used to watch the Sunday Million replays with commentary every week. Really entertaining and interesting. Rounders is an awesome movie, though I think Matt Damon makes a lot of really bad decisions LOL. I guess playing it safe/smart doesn't make for a good movie though

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#5)
I get to record a bit of poker from the shows broadcast over here so it's not all doom and gloom.
I make far worse decisions than he does in the film, when I can stop making these bad bad mistakes my game will improve. I'm not gonna give any examples, they're just stupid bluff attempts generally.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com