Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

I'm done playing the freerolls and the 25c/50c

Old
I'm done playing the freerolls and the 25c/50c - Mon Nov 11, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
If this doesn't tilt you I dunno what will.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...302_0108C600C1

And if you're gonna suggest I should've shoved pre, save it.
I have lost too many AA/KK/QQ/JJ in the last few days to even think of QQ as a premium hand.

Last edited by IBNash; Mon Nov 11, 2013 at 02:52 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 05:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
This isn't a bad beat.

You got it in with 1% equity or thereabouts and lost. As for the hand itself, personally I hate the min-raise to 200, and his subsequent click back, it is a Hubble freeroll though. It's poker but a format that isn't conducive to good poker, at least not early on.

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNash View Post
I have lost too many AA/KK/QQ/JJ in the last few days to even think of QQ as a premium hand.
Take a break.

Seriously.

When you start thinking QQ is not a premium hand, when it's ahead of 99% of hand combinations pre-flop, then results-oriented thinking is clouding your judgement. Variance can do strange things to a player's mind. If it can make you lose perspective about something as simple as pre-flop hand strength, you need to take a break. QQ is a monster. Play it like one.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree. This is NOT a bad beat... but it is bet very poorly.

With QQ, I get 2 limps, then a raise to 110 in front of me. I need to make a standard 3-bet, which is to between 3X the opp's bet (330) to a pot-sized raise if it's higher (it's not in this case as it would be to 290. I cannot raise to less than 330, especially in a multi-way pot.

Due to raising too small, the opp with KJ only has to put 180 into a pot that will be 740 (24.3%). The question then is.. is their hand worth this much? If I go to pokerstove and since no reads were listed, I use a default of a 20% range for two opps... I get that KJo has 28.1% equity.

Therefore, the opp DOES have the odds to bet 290 here and should be in the hand due to the abnormally small raise.

When the opp makes the raise to 290, with QQ, I now need to re-raise them again and since betting 3X their bet now pot-commits me.. I need to shove.

The hand was lost due to too small of bets that gave the opp the correct odds to be in the hand.... and because of it.. it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
get used to it... u can watch pros wins hands with 93o K2 etc etc but you CANT

and get over it... i have 100+ videos of losing AA to 45 A4 etc... its just online poker as it is...

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
dont play donkfest

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com