Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Typicial Pokerstars Junk...

Old
Typicial Pokerstars Junk... - Tue Nov 12, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar

Last edited by TommysgotAs; Tue Nov 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM..

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
everything goes back to preflop

You min raise and welcome everyone in adjust this one thing and you be miles ahead imo

i did not watch the hand past your min raise PF as that where you set yourself up to fail

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 03:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
This isn't a bad beat.

You didn't bet when you were ahead and you re-raise shoved when the board paired on the river which is always horrible for someone holding a flush.

Too many people blame Pokerstars for their own bad play. If you make a bad play then own it and learn from it instead of posting nonsense like 'Typical Pokerstars Junk'.

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
with the set if I shoved turn he was calling, so I lose either way.
How do you figure that one?

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
That was terrible. You needed to put some pressure on, preflop, no way all those peoples should have been in the hand. You set yourself up for that one. It still may happen that you lose as cards don't come with warranties, but you certainly could've made them pay to see.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 07:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Pretty weak play - even at the point when you have the current nuts.

So the boat hitting is kind of a sign - you played it bad - allowed the draw to hit for cheaps.

Although in this instance the opp hit mid set on the flop - was never going away.

So you lose anyhow - but more often you will lose when you play weak/passive.

suck it up and move on.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
(#7)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
This isn't a bad beat.

You didn't bet when you were ahead and you re-raise shoved when the board paired on the river which is always horrible for someone holding a flush.

Too many people blame Pokerstars for their own bad play. If you make a bad play then own it and learn from it instead of posting nonsense like 'Typical Pokerstars Junk'.

Well what I MEANT by typicial PS junk is being ahead with a really strong hand and getting riverd which is a common theme on there. Whether I was shoving turn or river I still lost or was gonna lose cuz of the 3 popping up.... It would have been the same result.

I know he would have called just based on how he was playing.. I was hiding the flush trying to get him to bet into me (never said once I played the hand well or anything) but the junk is just getting rivered everytime. With 77 with that villain I wasn't going to get him out of the preflop unless I was showing which I was not A10 pre.

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommysgotAs View Post
Well what I MEANT by typicial PS junk is being ahead with a really strong hand and getting riverd which is a common theme on there. Whether I was shoving turn or river I still lost or was gonna lose cuz of the 3 popping up.... It would have been the same result.

I know he would have called just based on how he was playing.. I was hiding the flush trying to get him to bet into me (never said once I played the hand well or anything) but the junk is just getting rivered everytime. With 77 with that villain I wasn't going to get him out of the preflop unless I was showing which I was not A10 pre.
I told this to few others who talk about "Typical PS junk". None is forced to play and same happens everywhere. If you play like that ofc you get rivered.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2013, 10:25 PM
(#9)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron112355 View Post
How do you figure that one?

I'm not even worried about it, I know it's a bad play on my part but at the same time like it or not it's still a bad beat cuz he was able to hit on the river giving him the boat over my ace high flush. I he wasn't getting away from that hand A. cuz of my weak betting but also B. because I figured he wasn't putting me on a flush. I Didn't give myself the outs on him in the end so obv it's not a good play on my part. Either way it's PSO so whatever. Move on/fix my mistakes for the next one.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:23 AM
(#10)
Quote:

I'm not even worried about it, I know it's a bad play on my part but at the same time like it or not it's still a bad beat cuz he was able to hit on the river giving him the boat over my ace high flush. I he wasn't getting away from that hand A. cuz of my weak betting but also B. because I figured he wasn't putting me on a flush. I Didn't give myself the outs on him in the end so obv it's not a good play on my part. Either way it's PSO so whatever. Move on/fix my mistakes for the next one.
It still isn't a bad beat.

It may qualify as a 'cooler' though.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2012
Look at the stack sizes, nobody is stupid enough to fold a set there. And you should know by now chances are by the river your flush will be no good when the board paired.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Raise the turn. You have the nuts, but if villain has a set, he has about 20% equity. You're missing value by not raising for value with 80% equity. And you're making a big mistake paying off when villain gets lucky, which will happen 1 time in 5. This has nothing to do with the Stars software, and everything to do with pretty simple mathematics.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 05:38 PM
(#13)
That's not a knife, THIS is a knife:

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#14)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
That's not a knife, THIS is a knife:

Ok ok you win! LOL wow that is just crazzyy man. Was that villain a Russian by any chance?

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Ok ok you win! LOL wow that is just crazzyy man. Was that villain a Russian by any chance?
I'm not sure to be honest.

Was too stunned to check where he was from. Guy played 23/24 hands when I was at the table and was ultra aggressive. Never believed I was behind for a second. Almost literally his range was ATC.

Pretty sick hand but I thought it might help to post this and show it does happen to everyone and while it was extremely frustrating at the time and led me to end my session, I usually get it in and win in those spots, so I have to accept that he made horrible decisions throughout but got lucky this time. Extra unfortunate that we were both more than 100bb deep when it happened.

Good luck at the tables

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com