Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars Philippines Appeal

Old
PokerStars Philippines Appeal - Wed Nov 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

Raise Money for the Philippines Typhoon Relief Fund

On November 8, 2013, the lives of millions of Philippines residents were forever altered by Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest storms ever recorded. To give much-needed assistance to those who have lost their homes and livelihood, PokerStars, through its corporate giving programme ‘Helping Hands’, has partnered with global relief charity CARE International to launch an emergency appeal. CARE International's current focus is on providing the immediate essentials – shelter, water and food – to communities hit hardest by this disaster. With your help, CARE International plans to continue to provide essential relief items and help families begin to rebuild their lives over the coming weeks and months.

You can help, too. PokerStars players can make donations to the CARE International relief effort via the game software, and PokerStars will match the total amount raised. So for every $1 donated via the game software, PokerStars will send CARE International $2. All the money will be passed on to CARE International, and will make a difference in the affected areas. All contributions are welcome!

Click Here To Help The Appeal Now

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Nov 13, 2013 at 07:40 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 07:58 AM
(#2)
(Community Coordinator)
Just made a small $20 donation.

It's great that PokerStars will match that, very cool indeed!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Just made a small $20 donation.

It's great that PokerStars will match that, very cool indeed!

Raiser
Ditto..Could they make it any easier to make a donation? C;mon peeps no amount is too small

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Done......Be Safe

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Really great to see PokerStars facilitating such an easy way to donate. And it all adds up so even if you have a small bankroll just a little will help. Maybe donate the profit from your next session or tournament?

Thoughts going out to all those affected.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Very good initiative
Also done

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2012
Regd to 3 tournys. This is so cool

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
Regd to 3 tournys. This is so cool
Those aren't real tourneys

"You can make your donation by registering for special dummy tournaments in the PokerStars lobby under the ‘Tourney’ > ‘All’ tabs. Please note that these are not real tournaments; they are simply a way to collect donations. Entering these dummy tournaments does not result in any poker being played. You can also find them by typing ‘Typhoon Haiyan Relief’ into the Tourney Filter."

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

"You can make your donation by registering for special dummy tournaments in the PokerStars lobby under the ‘Tourney’ > ‘All’ tabs. Please note that these are not real tournaments; they are simply a way to collect donations. Entering these dummy tournaments does not result in any poker being played. You can also find them by typing ‘Typhoon Haiyan Relief’ into the Tourney Filter."
Yup I know not real tourneys

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
Just donated.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:33 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

Bless, did you get confused Trap

Excellent news that Pokerstars is matching donations, wp Stars.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Bless, did you get confused Trap
What you talking about Willis???

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
Done

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:04 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
Made my donation of $1 and would say to all members to match my contribution they do need as much help as we can all give

WOULD BE NICE TO TWEET OR ALSO POST THIS IN FACEBOOK ALSO

Last edited by RiverFlat; Wed Nov 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:25 AM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2011
I had had the thought of setting up a home game for $1 where all the prize money went to the disaster fund...but pokerstars beat me to it !!

Very nice of them to match all donations & Hope the aid gets there fast

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
I had had the thought of setting up a home game for $1 where all the prize money went to the disaster fund...but pokerstars beat me to it !!

Very nice of them to match all donations & Hope the aid gets there fast
Yes Aid is needed very fast, situation is so bad there now. Most parts yhey havent gotten in yet

PRAYERS to all there!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
other charities - Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2012
Hey Roslyn, Have one anyway, there are lots of charities out 6here. Or start one of your own. Christmass is right around the corner. Nice of you to think of that, not too many people have the heart to go there,gd4u.http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...lies/wink.png;)

Last edited by pokarue; Thu Nov 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 09:00 PM
(#18)
Since: May 2013
Honestly I'm emotionally touched of this cause. My relatives in that region is one of the beneficiaries of this charity. Most people there were back to zero. Went there myself after the typhoon.
Each Filipinos is doing what they can do too. Your's truly is a volunteer of the Phil Red cross by schedule. Our country is one of the poorest but most people are strong in spirit, loving and friendly. As you can see, even they're in deep sufferings, they still have smile on their faces. Not ashamed to tell the world they need help..
Again in behalf of my relatives and other countrymen, Thank you so much!!
Days will come, we can do the same too to your countries even we're in the 3rd world.
God Bless and more power to PokerStars.

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2013
We all need to spread the word and help even if it is only 10 cents ,we cannot feel what these people are going hru and suffer emotionally

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 12:31 AM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2010
Just made a small transfer to "Typhoon Fund". Any deadline for this fund raising?

Still on downswing.

In behalf of my fellow countrymen, Thanks you PokerStars and PSO'ers.

PH

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com