Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6max Zoom: Calling pf 3b oop

Old
25NL 6max Zoom: Calling pf 3b oop - Wed Nov 13, 2013, 08:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
This hand is from 25NL Zoom. It is not so much a question of my line, but an intersting spot where I chose a different line becuase of the situation.

The CO is a known fish reg running 69/31 and fit or fold post flop. I love when he shows up on my table! The btn is a known supernova reg running 18/15/9.

Normally I would fold to the 3bet being oop, but here I can call pretty cheap. I dont expect the fish to 4b. Most importantly, I expect the supernova to have a pretty wide iso range since he will know as well as I do that the co is a fish.

Postflop I got a good runout and felt pretty confident that I was ahead of enough of the supernovas range to stack off by the river.

Any thoughts?

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
It's gonna be a hard hand to play OOP vs good players but if we feel we have an edge post flop then it's not terrible.

Not sure why we are donking turn. Would rather c/c to keep his range wider and probably lead shove the K river.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
It's gonna be a hard hand to play OOP vs good players but if we feel we have an edge post flop then it's not terrible.

Not sure why we are donking turn. Would rather c/c to keep his range wider and probably lead shove the K river.

I lead on the turn because of his bet size on the flop. It was so big that I assumed he caught a piece of the board, but not a monster. If he had flopped a stronger hand he would have bet less to try to keep the fish in the hand. In othe words, I assumed I was likely ahead and expected action from him when I lead out on the turn. By leading out I took away his option of checking behind. Since we both were presumably first joining the hand because of the fish. If he had moved all in on the turn I would have called it off. Ive played a lot of hands against the supernova and felt I had a good handle on him.

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Greg,

I actually prefer to donk the flop here... your flat preflop looks strong, and the good player often won't have much if he's isolating wide on the fish, so in a 3 way pot he may not c-bet for us if he doesn't have anything. And there's enough to interest a loose fish that we don't really want the flop betting round getting checked through.

As played, I'm not sure about the turn logic... it's pretty thin since he's continuing with few worse hands than ours but all the better ones. KJ, and maybe KT, is about it. Better hands he could reasonably hold here include K9, AK, AA, KK, 99, 22. If you're going to donk the turn, I'd make a smaller sizing that can get called wider and may induce a light raise. It's still probably preferable to donk the flop, or as played, check the turn to him.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com