Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankrol Builder

Old
Bankrol Builder - Wed Nov 13, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
Hi,
I would like to take a part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello dr.colic,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After watching this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#4)
Here is post of my hand,i would like to analise for me.

Last edited by dr.colic; Fri Nov 22, 2013 at 07:55 AM..

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 08:08 AM
(#5)
Here is post of my hand,i would like to analise for me.

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Fri Nov 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#6)
Sory for double posts,first time using hand replayer

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Sat Nov 23, 2013, 03:42 AM
(#7)
I was watched video(step1)and uploaded hand(step2)

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 06:35 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dr.colic!

With AJ in the BB, I get four limps, then a amaller than normal raise to 10 and a call of it. Since I'm out of position, I either need to 3-bet or fold here. If I raise, then I need to raise to between 3X the previous bet (30) and a pot-sized raise (40). While AJ does have some potential, with being out of position in what seems to be a multi-way pot, I need to muck this hand preflop as I do not have a strong enough hand to re-raise with. Position is a very large key in poker and I do not want to be playing marginal hands when out of position.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), when it totally misses me, I need to check and fold to any sizable bet. I only want to be putting my chips into the pot when I expect to gain chips and with absolutely nothing, I would expect to lose chips if I call. I do not want to be calling bets when I do not have a made hand, nor the correct odds to try to draw.

Patience is a huge factor when playing poker and I need to be able to fold marginal hands and wait for better ones.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:32 AM
(#10)
I was pased Basic course quiz(step3)

Last edited by dr.colic; Sat Nov 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 23, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#11)
I was pased all 3 steps

Old
Bankrollbulder - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#12)
Do you forgoted me?

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.colic View Post
I was pased all 3 steps
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankrollbuilder - Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#14)
Here is a post of my hand and i would like to analise for me,and the ansvers on question is:A player may want to make a big bet:To put a lot of pressure on opponents,to bluff people off decent hands,to gain value from very strong hands.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dr.colic,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

With AQo I think a more profitable line here would be to 3bet squeeze and fold to a 4bet. I think V9 could be isolating the limper with a wide range of hands and when V3 just calls it makes me feel they do not have a super strong hand else they would have 3bet. The benifit from this is that we can win the pot right away when we would have to play the rest of the hand OOP and without initiative. I think calling with AQs however would be a better hand to call with because a suited ace usually benefits seeing a flop MW.

As played, the flop is very wet and our TP can be vulnerable on later streets. I like raising the flop for value and for protection. Turn card is a safe card to fire again here. I expect the villain to have alot of draws and medium strength hands + draws in their range. I would however consider folding if they raise us after we bet the turn. Well played

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

Now just let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and we'll get your next bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll builder - Fri Nov 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#18)
I pased cash game quiz

Old
Fri Nov 29, 2013, 06:36 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.colic View Post
I pased cash game quiz
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankrolbuilder - Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:28 AM
(#20)
i have earned 10fpp points

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com