Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

the hot 0.55 turbo playing pocket 7s UTG+1 60BB

Old
the hot 0.55 turbo playing pocket 7s UTG+1 60BB - Wed Nov 13, 2013, 08:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
TOTAL PLAYERS: 8919 REMAINING PLAYERS: 2150 ITM:1122

UTG has stats 36/18 62 hand
MP1 has stats 31/11 65 hand

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=8A118C87E8

how i did play this hand?

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
Fold 77 to the UTG raise , his hand range should be something like 99+,AQ+,AJs+. and there's no need of betting OTT, short stack is not folding anything that he called OTF with. check/fold. I play this hand for open shove with 10bb's and open raise fold with 12bb+. but you have there really good stack.

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 02:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I suggest checking your stack size again.

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 08:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
oh excuse me 30BB i meant.

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2013, 07:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi sapines1001

I think there are reasons for both calling preflop and folding preflop but ultimately I would prefer to fold as there are a few stack sizes behind us that are likely to go all in/call in position and 77 doesn't play very well versus a typical villains UTG range.

If villain is a maniac that is likely to give you his entire stack if you hit a set then I think we can justify calling with the sevens but we ought to continue cautiously post flop.

If we're in late position then calling with sevens is fine when your this deep but from the position your at it's just a fold for me.

As played, betting flop and turn is fine.villain 2 has only a little more than a pot sized bet on the flop so it's standard to get it in with him on the turn especially when our hand could indeed be good like it could be here. Villain 2 may have smaller pairs/overs/flush draws.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com