Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

MM 30 FPP 3 Seats Gtd - Not extracting enough value?

Old
MM 30 FPP 3 Seats Gtd - Not extracting enough value? - Fri Nov 15, 2013, 03:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
This is a hand from MicroMillions-016 Sat: 30 FPP NLHE, 3 Seats Gtd - Level II (15/30) that I am unsure if I played correctly to extract all the value I could.

Villain 8 was loose (74/21/9) and I thought I could extract more value by calling the turn and raising the river.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...411_6EFA51414F

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey IBNash

I think you played the hand fine up until the check raise on the turn.
Your sizing is too big. When you raise this much I think that most villains will only continue with 2 pair or better. If you check raised the turn to let's say 450 - 600 we may get villain to continue with a naked Qh or Jh which he thinks will be good and will then proceed to hand us the rest of his chips.

Another option vs weak players would be to check raise the flop especially as villain over bet it. This way we can bet the the turn and get it all in on the river.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Hi Chris,

I was unsure if check raising the turn to any amount would have resulted in him playing, I felt calling and raising the river would get me best value. I hit the 89% of pot button on the Turn, and going by your figures a standard cbet of around 55% was the sweet spot.

Thank you!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com