Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

TT in SB MicroMillions 7

Old
TT in SB MicroMillions 7 - Fri Nov 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm a little stumped as to the best line in this hand now that I'm thinking about it after the fact. I'm questioning my initial 3-bet because as Ros asked me, what do I do if initial raiser calls? I planned on calling if he jammed on me, but I don't think I had a plan for a call. Maybe I should've just shoved from the get go? I have virtually no player history, this is shortly after a table change. I think stack size is part of what makes this awkward. It's a size I struggle with. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi 86FastLane

I too often struggle to play these types of hands on this stack size but what I've picked up from over the years is that a good player will not very often call your 3bet 'given your sizing' in this spot without the goods, they will fold or 4bet because they will be aware of the awkward stack sizing and the potential problems it can cause post flop.

Weaker players however are not aware of this and will often call 'which isn't necessarily what we want with being out of position and stacks being as shallow as they are' so against weak players I like to cram our 22 big blinds in preflop 'especially as he 3x'd it', and versus the stronger players I think 3betting to induce would be best.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Thanks Chris, very helpful. I think I've come to see this as a push spot as well, though I struggled to get there. Cheers. Now I wonder if I'm priced to call the 3rd players 4-bet shove with the 2.25:1 pot odds or is it bad move considering he must have QQ+? If he ever does this with AK then it's a great call. But with no history and a hope of hitting bottom of his range ... fold is good?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com