Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16NL [Deep + antes]: River decision with TPWK

Old
16NL [Deep + antes]: River decision with TPWK - Fri Nov 15, 2013, 07:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi guys,

Here's a hand from a 16NL Deep stack table. Villain is 26/19/1 (113 Hands)

I decide to defend my BB with a suited Ace four handed. When villain checks back the flop MW, I think we can rule out Ax and strong hands from their range.
I think draws would bet too so I figure his hand range to be Qx, 9x, KK, JJ, TT. After the SB checks the turn we bet for value and get called by CO and SB folds. River puts out a backdoor flush and does not change anything else. What do you think would be the optimal river decision? x/c, x/f, or b/f?

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
For me b/f is preferable on a board like this , to avoid difficult river decision. If board isn't dry I prefer x/c to catch bluffs but it's so hard to catch his bluff's there board is perfect to bluff, JT is in his hand range too, He might call with FD OTT. and I prefer x/f to his pot bet , if it is not so big bet I may call.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Nov 15, 2013 at 07:49 AM..

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
b/f river. as played i'd fold.

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi George,

I prefer bet/fold as well here... villain AF is only 1 so I don't expect him to bet worse hands for us on the river but he will probably call with quite a few. I think we need to size the bet smallish, to get value from KK/KQ/JJ, making it easy for those hands to bluff catch us. I think about $1.50 sounds right here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com