Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder promotion

Old
bankroll builder promotion - Fri Nov 15, 2013, 08:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
hi
i am new to PSO and want to avail the bankroll builder promotion.

hailey45

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 10:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 15, 2013, 10:51 PM
(#3)
Hi hailey45,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder session feedback - Sat Nov 16, 2013, 03:05 AM
(#4)

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Nov 16, 2013, 03:09 AM
(#5)
i have posted the hand by using the replayer.

Last edited by hailey45; Sat Nov 16, 2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 12:15 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi hailey45!

With KQo in the BB, I get an abnormally large raise to 44, then two calls of it. A standard raise for UTG would have been to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 6 chips. While KQ does have some potential, it's not a strong enough hand to call a very large raise like this with.. especially out of position. Due to this, I need to muck preflop.

If I did see the flop (which I would not), when I see that I hit top pair, I absolutely need to make a standard value bet and cannot check. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps, I need to bet 3/4 pot... BUT... this is over 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that I'm pot-committed and cannot fold if I make this bet. Due to this, I need to shove the flop.

The key with this hand is to muck marginal hands preflop when out of position, especially to a raise. Also to make standard bets and raises and not to check/call and play passively. When I do play pots, I want to be aggressive in them and to make standard bets and raises.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 19, 2013, 01:27 AM
(#8)
Please let us know when you have passed your basics quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Basic Quiz Passed - Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:44 PM
(#9)
Hi

I have passed the basic quiz. Kindly proceed to the next step as soon as possible.

Regards
Hailey

Old
Kindly reply - Tue Dec 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#10)
I have completed all the 3 stages. what's next?

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 12:40 AM
(#11)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 07:42 AM
(#12)
can i play in the $0.01/$0.02 stake table for completion of first step?

Old
real money play - Wed Jan 01, 2014, 08:54 AM
(#13)

Old
real money play - Wed Jan 01, 2014, 08:55 AM
(#14)

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 10:35 AM
(#15)
Thank you for posting these hands for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at them for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once they've been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Quiz - Wed Jan 01, 2014, 02:26 PM
(#16)
the site has asked me to wait for taking the cash game quiz because i took the basic test recently. For how much time do i have to wait? how many tests can i take in a day?

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 02:43 PM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
First hand:

I think you should fold A2o preflop from your position on the table. There are 5 people to act ahead of you, one or more of whom could easily have an A with a better kicker than you. You are also likely going to be out of position against some of your opponents for the rest of the hand.

On the flop, you have completely missed and have very little prospects of improving. Even if you hit a 3, someone else could easily have 6 in their hand which would make a higher straight than you. Betting $0.02 is not going to get anyone to fold. If you really want to bluff, you should make it bigger (say around $0.15) which might encourage some folds. However I think bluffing is very bad on a board texture like this and you are out of position, so have no idea if your opponents like their hands or not.

When V2 raises, just fold and cut your losses.

The same reasoning applies on the turn, your hand has now got even worse because a straight might not even be good anymore as the opponent may already have a full house or four of a kind.

On the river you got extremely lucky. You might have won this hand, but in the long run if you continue to make calls in spots like these, you will go broke very quickly as the chances of you hitting a 3 were only 4 out of 46, so worse than 10$.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
Second hand:

You're in early position and now on a full-handed table and are facing a raise in front of you from someone who likely has a strong hand, almost certainly stronger than yours. I think you should fold. Calling wouldn't be too bad but raising is a bad play, you are putting more money in the pot than you have to with a mediocre hand.

It's tough to say what you should do on the flop. I would probably just call and utilise the fact that I have position on the villain and can see how he acts and modify my play on later streets accordingly. If you're going to raise to bluff him off AK/AQ type hands, I would make it bigger, about $0.25-$0.30. But I don't really like this play as I don't think it will work very often because of villain's short stack size, he might feel committed to the pot.

When a high card comes that completes the flush and villain checks, you could try to bluff him off his hand as you can legitimately represent either a Q or a flush. However just checking to give up on the hand is also fine. On the river, giving up again is also fine.

Your play post-flop becomes very difficult when you play marginal hands pre-flop. You have to be an extremely strong post-flop player to play hands like A2 and A4 well in early position, I would just avoid it and look to play a wider range of hands in late position, either on the button or on the cutoff.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 03:49 PM
(#19)
Hi Hailey,

You must wait 24 hours between attempting / repeating any tests. Hope this helps.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
all steps completed - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 11:09 PM
(#20)
reasons for betting big are:

1. to bluff people off decent hands

2. to put pressure on the opponents

3. to get good value for strong hands

I have also passed the cash game course.

Hailey

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com