Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Heads up very high blinds: when to shove?

Old
Heads up very high blinds: when to shove? - Sat Nov 16, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013

9-man turbo SNG. Heads up, blinds 600/300/50. Villan has 2250 in BB. I have 10250 in SB.
What is my shove range here?
Are there any good tutorials on very high blinds heads up ?

Old
Sat Nov 16, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkT View Post
[/URL]
9-man turbo SNG. Heads up, blinds 600/300/50. Villan has 2250 in BB. I have 10250 in SB.
What is my shove range here?
Are there any good tutorials on very high blinds heads up ?
Hi,

When it comes to such short stack depths (10bb or less) heads up, almost any two cards will do being the pusher, especially any face card! Although you can pitch hands like these into the muck, 82 72 62 52 42 etc.. At this stage it's all about the blinds and antes for the win with very little to no post flop play at all! Often you will see players become extremely tight when reaching heads up play in a 9-Max sit n go, many contributing factors as to why this may be... and this is a perfect opportunity to exploit them when the effective stack reaches 15bb or less. With a hand like T5o, we are never really going to be in to bad of shape if called, 60/40 or 70/30 and even if we lose the hand they'll still have less than 10bb.

Hope this helps

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com