Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Donk Plays

View Poll Results: How often do you play against what you feel are unskilled poker 'players' every month
1-5 a week 0 0%
5-10 a month 0 0%
10-20 a week 0 0%
10-20 a month 0 0%
30-40 a week 1 16.67%
30-40 a month 0 0%
100+a week 0 0%
100+ a month 0 0%
100-500 a week 0 0%
100-500 a month 0 0%
500-1000 a week 0 0%
500-1000 a month 0 0%
1000+ a week 0 0%
1000+ a month 0 0%
I've lost count!! 5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Donk Plays - Sun Nov 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
ChromeStar
I cannot believe just how many new people have signed up to pokerstars this year, and have totally ruined it for those of us that have been here for years.
I signed up in 2008, and have had some great highs, and depressing lows. But this year has just been a big watse of time.
with these new people, thousands of them signing up, are ruining the game I love. I'm sick of these donks that have come in and, because of the 3 x play money tops ups every hours, just keep goin all in, all in, all in, every single hand. And most of the time, they have NOTHING! But then you get these more dangerous donkeys. The donkeys that come into the rale cash games and tounreys, and go allin every hand, with little more than 7-3 offsuit, as the case that mowed my wife down in a micro millions tourney this morning.
My wife was sitting good, with 20 k.I told her just fold until you get a good hand, so, she did just that. She then called me, she had King Jack suited, and she was on the BB. This guy pushed in 10k, so I said call it. Did flat called. King, Jack, 2. I told her check, she did.he shoves allin, I yell CALL, she does.He has 7 3 offsuit. "you got him" i yell. Turn, a seven. The river, another seven.
**deleted inappropriate language JWK24**
That just goes to show that pokerstars seems to set it so the donkeys are made to be the winners now. I mean, how doesa hand like seven three, which COMPLETELY MISSES the flop, to becoming the winning hand. against a suited one gapper, that hits and is 2 pair on the flop. I play online, as well as in a national poker league (nzsop), and I have never seen that happen until today.

I have some deep seeded questions about how pokerstars is being operated now.

I would also like to hear from anyone that has suffered a simliar fate with a bad beat by a donk play.

Last edited by JWK24; Sun Nov 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM..

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 12:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Two things.

Every hand that is live has a chance to win, even if it's runner/runner. It's a small % of the time, but it does happen.

There is one thing with this though... it seems that you were telling someone how to play a hand. That is against the TOS, is not allowed and is something that a player can have security at worst case.. close your account over. Only one player is allowed to play a hand, more than one IS collusion. People cannot tell someone how to play a hand before an action is taken because it's collusion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 01:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Bizarre post, I can not for the life of me see why you wouldn't want these 'unskilled' players at your table.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 01:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
your talking about me right?

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 02:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
The software knew you were colluding so it rewarded the donkey

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
Gotta love them donkeys shoving 100 bb with 55 on KQx flop. They can make you bankroll at micros

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danutz75 View Post
Bizarre post, I can not for the life of me see why you wouldn't want these 'unskilled' players at your table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazYJohnnie View Post
Gotta love them donkeys shoving 100 bb with 55 on KQx flop. They can make you bankroll at micros
Runner runner doesn't happen in live games? Well, I've sure seen it happen. Danutz75 and CrazYJohnnie are 100% spot-on here, you want these players at your tables all week long.

Raiser

(PS: There's a seat free to my right Effsea hiccup!)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2013
yeah it was extremely unlikely to hit runner runner 7's but of course it happens. it sucks but more often than not, especially with that scenario, it won't happen. bad beats are just that, bad beats.

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2013
I try to focus on getting it in good, and completely ignore the board run outs.

Besides, it seems 7x is a guaranteed win http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...608_4B5E8F6BF9

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
You messed an option on your Poll..

Not often Enough

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by waikato08 View Post
I cannot believe just how many new people have signed up to pokerstars this year, and have totally ruined it for those of us that have been here for years.
I signed up in 2008, and have had some great highs, and depressing lows. But this year has just been a big watse of time.
with these new people, thousands of them signing up, are ruining the game I love. I'm sick of these donks that have come in and, because of the 3 x play money tops ups every hours, just keep goin all in, all in, all in, every single hand. And most of the time, they have NOTHING! But then you get these more dangerous donkeys. The donkeys that come into the rale cash games and tounreys, and go allin every hand, with little more than 7-3 offsuit, as the case that mowed my wife down in a micro millions tourney this morning.
My wife was sitting good, with 20 k.I told her just fold until you get a good hand, so, she did just that. She then called me, she had King Jack suited, and she was on the BB. This guy pushed in 10k, so I said call it. Did flat called. King, Jack, 2. I told her check, she did.he shoves allin, I yell CALL, she does.He has 7 3 offsuit. "you got him" i yell. Turn, a seven. The river, another seven.
**deleted inappropriate language JWK24**
That just goes to show that pokerstars seems to set it so the donkeys are made to be the winners now. I mean, how doesa hand like seven three, which COMPLETELY MISSES the flop, to becoming the winning hand. against a suited one gapper, that hits and is 2 pair on the flop. I play online, as well as in a national poker league (nzsop), and I have never seen that happen until today.

I have some deep seeded questions about how pokerstars is being operated now.

I would also like to hear from anyone that has suffered a simliar fate with a bad beat by a donk play.

DELETE...

...is your friend.

Just sayin'...

Old
Sun Nov 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
DELETE...

...is your friend.

Just sayin'...
Thought Tazz was back there for a mo lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com